Waking up

Jason's pov

It's been a week and she's still in a coma. The doctor says she's recovering. It's up to her to be able to wake up now. There's nothing the doctors can do to wake her up. So I was sitting at the bar, drinking when Luke walked in. "Hey man, you doin' okay?" "No. How are the girls?" "Sierra won't even talk. She just sits there waiting. And I don't know about Rachel that's more up Tully's alley." The girls are up at the hospital I'm pretty sure. "What are we doing with this, man?" He asks, sitting down. I glare at the shot glass in my hand. "I don't know about you but tonight I'm getting drunk."

Rachel's pov

Luke comes back to the hospital from talking to Jason. "Did ya find him?" Sierra asks. "Oh I found him." He says sighing. "What's wrong?" I ask, chewing on my fingernail from worry. "He's stone cold drunk at the bar. That poor guy is so torn up." Sierra hugs him. "She'll pull through. She has to." Sierra whispers then starts to cry. "Where's Tully?" Luke asks me. "Oh he went to get me a change of clothes since I didn't want to leave." I respond, staring at my shoes, worry and fear causing my chest to hurt. I hear a groaning! My eyes snap to the bed along with Sierra and Luke's. She turns her head slightly but doesn't open her eyes. "Miranda?" Sierra whispers, worried. She shuts her eyes tight then opens them. "Jason?" She mumbles, blinking. "I'll go get him." Luke says, walking out. I help her sit up and she groans in pain.

Jason's pov

Luke runs into the bar, tripping and face planting. I roll my eyes. "Captain Clumsy strikes again." I mutter sarcastically. He stands back up. "Come on." He gasps, breathless. "What? Why? Why are you so out of breath?" "Running dummy! She's awake!" I almost fall out of my chair when he says that. Thank God I hadn't gotten drunk yet. "Let's go." He says. We both run out the door. "Ya wanna know the first thing she said when she woke up?" He asks, confusing me. I toss him the keys since I've been drinking. "She said your name." I stay quiet unsure of what to say. "Let's get going." I say. We make it to the hospital in under five minutes.

Miranda's pov

Jason and Luke walk through the door. Tears come to my eyes. "Baby!" He gasps, running over and hugging me. "I thought I lost you." We sit there for like two minutes in silence and hugging before I work up the nerve to speak. "Jason." I whisper. He sits down beside me. "I.... I woke up and there was this ring." He smiles and wipes his eyes. "I was wanting to ask you that day on the beach." He says, shakily. Ask me what? "But.... Will you marry me?" My eyes go wide. "Oh Jason! Yes!" I gasp, hugging him again. "Congratulations buddy." Luke says, patting his shoulders. Tully gets up to the hospital with a bag and a take out box. His eyes go wide, seeing that I'm awake. "Thank Goodness girl." He says, making me smile. "Hey Tully." I say, waving with my ring hand. He spots the ring and smiles. "You finally asked her?" Jason laughs slightly and nods. I stare at my fiancé happily. "He's been holdin' that ring for two months." Tully says, hands on his hips. I blush. He's been wanting to marry me for two months?

*later*

We get back home. He took off his hat and ran his fingers through his hair. "So you've been wanting to ask me for two months?" I half ask so glad. He smiles, with red cheeks. "Damn Tully." He says. I laugh slightly and hug him tight. "I'm so glad I missed that concert." I whisper, looking into his eyes. "Thank God you won those tickets." I'm just glad I convinced my friends to go when they thought they weren't gonna go because I was sick the first day. We both sit on the couch, holding hands and staring at each other. "Did ya know I was the one askin' the questions?" He asks. I smile. "I might've had some thought on it." I say. "Man, I knew you knew. Damn radio guy put me on the spot, handed me the mic last second." "I'm glad... But I caught ya when ya asked the first question. You said your career at first." I say, pointing. "I had a feelin' ya knew." He says, grabbing my hand that I was pointing at him with which by the way was the same hand with my new engagement ring. He stares at that hand. "I'm glad I finally worked up the courage to ask you." He says. I rest a hand on his cheek and kiss him. "Me too." I whisper. He gently grips my chin and kisses me again, leading to us making out. I lean back against the arm of the couch but it hurts the wound on my back. "Oh man, you okay?" He gasps, worried. I nod, sitting back up. "It... It just hurts." I say wincing. He stands up. "Maybe we should wait til your back is healed up." He says. I nod, trying to stand up but not being able to. He helps me. "Maybe we should just go to bed?" He says. I sigh and nod. I wish my back wasn't hurting.