Basketball, Cheerleaders, And The Beach

Jason's pov

We're in Florida for the we were here tour. Thomas Rhett and Dee Jay walk over to us. "Hey Jase, wann hit the basketball court?" Dee Jay asks smiling. I scratch my head thinking. "I don't know man, I've never been much of a basketball player, now baseball I could whoop all a y'alls asses into next week." They both laugh. "What do ya say?" Thomas asks. Miranda's still asleep on the bus. "Ok lemme go tell Miranda so she doesn't wonder where I am." Rachel is in the living room of my bus reading a book. "Huh? Rachel what are you doing here?" "Oh me and Tully kinda started dating." She says, blushing. I smile. "Hey babe!" I call. She walks out of our room, in a tank top and short shorts. My eyes go wide. "Damn, babe you look sexy!" I gasp. Rachel laughs slightly and my cheeks flame up. "I'm uh gonna do some basketball with the boys. Ya wanna come?" "Definitely." We walk off the bus hand in hand and the guys including my band are all in basketball shorts and my merch t-shirts. I laugh slightly seeing Rachel in a cheerleader skirt and my merch shirt too. "Girl, go change. We are gonna be cheerleaders for our boys." Rachel says. I laugh and wave. "Ok teams. Obviously me and Jason are team captains." Dee Jay says. I glance around at the smal group of my friends. "Ok I'll take Thomas." He smirks and high fives me. Dee Jay points to Tully. I get Rich and he gets Kurt. "Ok everyone knows the rules. First team to ten points wins." Thomas says. We all walk to the basketball court. "Shouldn't we wait for our cheerleaders?" Kurt asks, smirking. That's not a good idea. I might get distracted. Just then they saunter over and my girl looks absolutely adorable. They sit on the bleachers. I smile and wave. "Lookin' good honey!" I call. She blows me a kiss and we start basketball.

Miranda's pov

He and Dee Jay are head to head. Jason does a backboard rebound. "Yeah! Go Jason!" I shout. He smiles and gets it in. I cheer for him and Thomas double high fives him. "Great shot!" "Thanks."

*later*

Jason's team won. "Yay, you won!" I gasp, hugging him. "It wasn't easy. What with this hot bod distracting me." He flirts, smiling and wrapping his arms around my waist. "Oh really, I was distracting you?" I ask with an equal amount of flirtation. He nods and kisses my lips. Night begins to fall so we go to the beach and start a bonfire. I watch the sparks fly into the blackened sky. My head lays on his shoulder, my hand on his knee. "It's nice out tonight." I whisper. He smiles and covers my hand with his. He rubs my hand softly. I smile and bite my lip. He kisses me softly and pushes me back against the sand. We're still in our basketball clothes from earlier. The fire crackles behind us.

Jason's pov

The fire illuminates her whole face and she's so beautiful in this lighting. I lean over her and kiss her. "The fire makes your eyes shine." I whisper. She sits up and kisses me. My hands land in the sand behind me, barely holding me up then I think screw it and lay against the sand wrapping my arms around her as we make out. "Get a room!" Someone calls. Oh jeez. Who?! I turn my head still laying in the sand with her on top of me. Tully and Rachel stand on a sand dune a few feet away. My face burns red with embarassment. She stares at them for a second then looks into the fire. Watching her is haunting. She looks.... I can't think of a word... My mind's too buzzed from her kissing me. That makes me think of Thomas's song make me wanna. "Baby," I say, tapping her shoulder. She doesn't deter her stare. "Babe, you okay?" Her eyes instantly start tearing up. My eyes go wide. "Sweetheart, what's the matter?" She leans into my chest and cries. I hold her tight, confused. Tully and Rachel sit by the fire too, concerned. "Jason, I.... Can we go back to the bus?" "Sure, but what happened, why'd you start crying?" "When we get to the bus!" She gasps, standing up, her hands shaking. I hold her hand and we go to the bus. I'm so confused. Why'd she start crying? I change into clean shorts and a T-shirt. She gets out of the shower and lays beside me. "Hun, what happened back there?" "I... I'm sorry... I had a bad... Flashback.... From when Andrew-" she's cut off though when she starts crying again. I pull her into a hug and she cries softly. "When he tried to kill me." She whispers. Oh. Andrew must've been the boyfriend. She wipes her eyes, her hands still shaking. I hold both of them. "Baby that'll never happen to you again. I promise I won't let it happen and I sure as hell won't do it." She smiles. "I know. You're a good man, Jason Aldean and I'm proud to be your girlfriend."