Tired

*a few days later*

Jason's pov

"Alicia!" I call, standing beside her tombstone. "Alicia, come on out, I won't hurt you. I'm here to help." Silence. Eery silence. I sigh. "Hopefully she'll come to me sooner rather than later." I mumble turning around to walk back to my truck. She was standing behind me. Before the ghost stuff, that would scare the shit out of me. "Who are you? What do you want? And how the hell can you see me?" "I know you've got a lot of questions. And I'll explain everything."

*A few hours later*

I get back home, worried, having failed at crossing Alicia over. When I asked about the inscription, she got mad and vanished. "Hey Jason, Mike called." Miranda says. "Oh. I'll call him back in the morning." I say sitting beside her. "I'm dog tired." "How were the kids?" "Fine. You okay?" I nod. "Just this stubborn ghost I can't get to cross over. She says not until she gets revenge on her cheating husband that killed her." "Damn." My wife says making me laugh. "No wonder you're tired." "Yeah." I mutter, closing my eyes. I hear her stand up but I'm too tired to open my eyes.

*In his dream*

A red bricked house with blue shutters stood in front of me. I heard angry yelling inside. "I'm gonna take everything!!!" A feminine voice yells. I open the door confused. "Oh no you won't!" A guy says pulling out a gun. "Why'd you do this to me, Ben? Why?! Was I not good enough?" She gasps. The guy's mistress laughed behind him. "No, I was just better." Rage replaces the tears in Alicia's eyes and she runs at the other girl then I hear the gun go off. "Alicia!!"

*He wakes up*

I wake up, sweating and my hands clammy. The house is dark. I glance at the clock. "2 AM." I whisper, rubbing my eyes. I head upstairs. "Catch him." I hear Alicia's voice. Uh oh. "How the heck am I gonna stop him?" I gape. She stands in front of me suddenly. I take a step back in surprise and catch myself before I fall down the stairs. "I deserve justice!" "Of course you do! You got fucked in the end and it wasn't right. But I don't have a clue what you think I can do! I don't even know the guy! Plus, if I try to defend you, he could say we were together and use that against me." "I hate him so much!!" "Calm down! I don't need ya blowin' any bulbs in this house." I say annoyed. "I got two boys who are scared of the dark." "I had two boys. And three grandbabies." "Jason, who are you talking to?" I freeze in surprise and Alicia vanishes. "Come back out. She can't see you. We've been over this." I mutter annoyed. "Just dealing with that ghost from today." "Oh. It doesn't sound like it's going good?" I sigh. "She's just pissed that there ain't nothin' I can do about the dick who killed her." "Jase, come to bed. You've got to be rested to do these things anyway." As much as I hate to say, she's right. And I'm exhausted. "Just don't give me any dreams, Alicia." I know she's still here. I can sense her. I reluctantly go to bed.