Mason, Max, And A New Gig

Jason's pov

Sierra came over to the house to keep an eye on Sam and Mason while we went to the hospital to stay with Max. It's been three weeks since Mason has come home. Three weeks of Max still not able to come home. At least he's awake and off a ventilator now. We get to the hospital. She goes inside while I park the truck. I walk in the room and she was holding him. "How is he doing?" She smiles and he wraps his tiny hand around her finger. "He's doing so much better." "I hope he can come home soon." I mumble, my hands in my pockets. "We've got a nursery for you and your brother." She whispers to him, making me smile. I sit beside her. The doctor walks in. "Oh I was just about to call you both." "What?" I gasp confused. "Max is strong enough to go home!" "Yes!" I hug my girl and shake the doctor's hand. "Thanks, sir." "My pleasure." He says. We bring him home and Sam runs over excited. "Max is okay!" I smile gladly. "Yep, Max is all better." I heard Mason crying upstairs. Sierra carried him downstairs. "He won't stop crying for nothing!" "I betcha he missed his brother." Miranda says carrying Max over to Mason who instantly stops crying. "He ain't the only one missin' his twin." I whisper leaning on the wall. "Are you okay?" Sam asks. I sigh. "Just thinkin' of your uncle, sweetie. I miss him so much." "I miss him too. He was super silly." I force a smile. "Mason, you woulda been a kickass uncle."

*Later that night*

I wake up hearing one of the babies cry. "Duty calls." Miranda says, getting up. "Do ya want me to give him a bottle so you can sleep?" "Nah breastfeeding is healthier and I want Max as healthy as he can get." Huh? I follow her to the nursery. "How'd you know it was Max that woke up?" I gasp surprised. She smiles and picks him up. "It's a motherly thing I guess. They just have very distinct cries. Ask your mom if she could tell when...." Her voice trails off. "Never mind." "I don't mind talking about him. It doesn't bother me." I say, sitting beside her as she breastfeeds Max. "It just sucks everything has missing out on." "And Rachel." She whispers, glancing at Mason's crib. I walk over and look in. Sound asleep. "I love being a dad." I whisper relaxed.

*The next day*

I wish to God I could talk to my brother again. I was making pancakes for the family when a memory passed through my mind.

~flashback~

"Catch!" He shouted throwing the frisbee. I missed and it slammed into the window, breaking it. Dad walked out extremely pissed, seconds later. "Who threw it?!" He shouts. Mason pointed at me! "Hey! You threw it!" "BUT YOU MISSED IT!" In the end we both got in trouble.

~flashback over~

"You troublemaker." I whisper smiling. There's a knock on the door. "Come in." I call, putting more batter in. Mike walks in the kitchen. "Whoa! You're cooking? Who are you and what happened to my favorite superstar?" I laugh. "What's up bro?" "Well I've got a huge new gig line for you." "What is it?" "Cruiseline entertainment!" Huh? "You mean like cruise ships?" He nods smiling. "I dunno man. Not with the boys so young." "It's just an idea. It doesn't start for two years. The white star cruiseline is doing a country music themed cruiseship. They've asked you, Brantley, Brad, Tyler, and Luke to come on." Wow. "How long will the cruise be?" "2 weeks in April." "OK, I'll talk with the wife and make a decision. If we do this, the family is comin' with me." "Yeah that's the plan." He says. "Cool. OK do something useful and get Sam up for school." I say, laughing. He goes upstairs and I finish breakfast and bring a plate to Miranda. "Ooh breakfast in bed." She says smiling. I tell her about Mike's plan. "The boys'll be two years old by then." "I love it. I've never even been on a cruise before." I smile. "Well we're changing that in two years." I open the door. "Hey Mike! It's on son!" I shout into the hallway. "Yeah! Right on bro!" He shouts back.