Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Jason's pov

I took a walk to clear my head then sat by the duck pond. A few seconds later, I heard footsteps. I turned around but there was nothing. I sigh. "Now I'm hearing things." I mutter tiredly. I lay back in the grass, letting the gentle breeze lull me to sleep.

*in his dream*

I was sitting at a campfire. Luke and Mason sat beside me. They were talking and junk but I wasn't listening. I hear footsteps behind me so I turn around. To my surprise and excitement, it's Kirk! "What are you doing here, Captain?" "I don't know. But I'm kinda glad I am." I scratch my head confused. Whatever. Who cares. "Join us for the campfire." We sit down. "It's been such a long time since I've done this." He probably doesn't come home often. I pat his back. "You're welcome to join me anytime."

*he wakes up*

I miss Jim and the crew. Especially Scotty he had that I like everyone personality. I sigh and stare at the sky. "I wish I said yes."

Jim's pov

I wake up out of that very vivid dream. "Man I wish he said yes." I whisper sighing. I go to the bridge and all smooth sailing. I think if I can get him out here to see this, he'd say yes to joining. I swallow my nerves and walk down to engineering. Scotty was having a coffee break. "Captain." He says saluting. I smile. "Scotty, I need to ask a favor of you." "Aye captain anythin'." "Can you teleport someone from earth onto the ship." He bites his lip worried. "It might take some calibrations but I think we could do it." I am so glad. "How long do you think it'll take?" He shrugs. "Who do ye want me to transport?" "Jason." I hand him a picture. "Aye. The cowboy who knew how to fight. He sure was an interestin' person." I nod. "Thanks Scotty." "No problem sir."

Jason's pov

I sat down for dinner, my mind drifting in and out of reality and daydreaming. I can't stop thinking about Kirk and the Enterprise. "Jason, you alright?" I nod and eat some spaghetti, trying to stay focused and not let my mind wander. "I just miss Mason is all." "I wish there was something I could do, Jay." I was about to respond when I felt super dizzy then the room I was in faded along with Miranda. I hit the ground hard and my vision cleared. I was shocked to see Scotty!! "What the? Am I dreaming?" He shakes his head. "No silly. Captain gave me direct orders to transport you here." I get to my feet. I'm really here! This isn't a dream. I nervously wait for Jim. He walks in with a big smile. "H-Hey Jim." I say, waving. "I'm so glad you're here, Jason." "I'm glad to be here. I missed you guys." "I know what ya said but I think you'll really love being a member of the federation." "Yeah! I would! I was just regretting the decision earlier today when Miranda and I.... Wait! Miranda! She's probably freaking out with me just disappearing during dinner!" He looks at Scotty. "Aye." A few minutes later, she's standing confused on the platform. "J-Jason, w-what's going on?" I smile and grab her hand. "Babe, let's travel the galaxy together. Go where no man has gone before." I say. "Are we..... In space again?" I nod. "I really wanna do this but only with you by my side." I shakily say nervously, hoping her answer is yes. Plus I don't think I wanna stay on earth. I'd keep thinking about Mason and that'll just mess me up. "Yes let's do this." I hug her. "Jim where do we sign?" He's excited too. "I'm so glad you said yes!" He says, shaking my hand. "Spock won't be too happy though." He says then laughs. "Why not?" I ask confused. "Cause hell be bumped down to second in command, first officer." He says, handing me a badge. Wow! "F-First officer? That means.... I'd be right next to you, right?" He nods gladly. Wow this'll be awesome! "I can't wait!" I say attaching the badge to my shirt.