caboose x reader

~requested by ZoeyChanceOliver
~prompt: cookie sharing; caboose wants to share a random cookie he found in a bag with the reader

(takes place on chorus season 11)

reader: neutral

"Where have you been all my life?" Felix smirked down at you through his midnight visor, brushing a hand across your cheek. You scoffed, taking a step back to get out of his touch, "Hell, actually."

Felix has been flirting with you for a while now. This guy just won't take a hint. Even after you made it clear several times you weren't interested in his games and manipulation, he still went out of his way to hit on you. And you thought Tucker was a womanizer? Oh, please. This guy takes the cake.

The merc chuckled at your comeback, biting his lip lustfully as he took a step closer to you, "That must explain why you're so fucking hot." You rolled your eyes, but noticed someone coming towards you. It was Caboose!

Your heart fluttered at the sight of him; you had a crush on the Captain for quite some time now. And being a Lieutenant in his squad gave you the chance to be even closer to the blue soldier. But he wasn't skipping like he usually did when he was happy and care-free. No, Caboose was looking... mad.

Your attention soon turned away from Caboose, when Felix placed a hand on your hip and started to pull you closer. "Come on, (Y/n)! Loosen up," the merc cooed, not noticing the blue soldier that stormed up to you two as Felix wrapped another arm around your lower back. (it was a little too low, if you ask me.)

Your hand grabbed Felix's, giving him a stern look in the eyes as you gritted your teeth, "Felix." He smirked even more at your warnings, and continued to pull you closer, "Yes~?" You growled, desperately trying to push him away form you, "Felix, let me go! Stop it!"

He laughed even more, that is until a firm grip was planted on his shoulder. "Huh?" The mercenary glanced behind him, meeting face to face with Michael J. Caboose. You smiled gratefully, still in the lock of Felix's biceps.

"I don't think you should be doing that," The blue soldier's grip tightens on his shoulder, and Felix tries not to wince at the strength of the idiot. The orange and black soldier exchanged glances between you and Caboose, and finally decided the fight wasn't worth it.

"Whatever," he sneered, glaring at Caboose before he turned and stormed off. "Bye, Felix!" He cheerfully waves, as if he didn't just threaten the best soldier in this army. A sigh of relief escapes your mouth, and you immediately rush into the blue soldier's arms. He was taken aback at first, but after a few moments he relaxed and wrapped his arms around you.

"I'm sorry about Felix. He's a bit of dick sometimes," Caboose giggles into your hair, but you immediately pull away after the words left his mouth. "Where did you learn that word?" You tilted your head, surprised by the blue soldier's new vocabulary.

"Tucker," he chirps, smiling proudly at you. You should've known. You sighed, plopping down on the dirt, "Well, it's a bad word. Don't say it again, okay?" Caboose squatted down next to you, staring at you with some amazement yet curiosity, "Okay... Why?"

You chuckled a bit, scooting a bit closer to your Captain, "We'll have that talk when the time comes." Caboose smiled, nodded his head understandingly. After a few moments of tranquility, you rested your head on his shoulder. "Thank you, Caboose," you closed your eyes, grateful for this one moment of peace.

"Anything for you, (Y/n)," his words made butterflies appear in your stomach as you blushed madly. You two were quiet once again, that is until a crinkling sound made you open your eyes.

"Wanna cookie?" The blue soldier held up a chocolate chip cookie, his voice a bit muffled by a bite already in his mouth. You giggled delightedly, and you gladly broke off a piece of the pastry. "Cheers," you clinked your two chunks together, laughing as you both bit into it.

Soon, with the cookie out of sight and the plastic bag in the dirt, the two of you leaned back on a crate watching the rest of the Lieutenants ran laps with Wash. "(Y/n)?" Caboose interrupted your silence, and you raised your head from his shoulder to look at him.

"Yes?" You turned your head, meeting his eye contact, and then bursted out laughing at what you saw. Caboose had little bits of the cookie stuck on his face from a few minutes earlier. "Aw~, Caboose!" You giggled, moving a thumb to wipe the crumbs off of his face.

You two were quite close actually; your breath hit each other's lips every now and then. Caboose stared at your eyes while you concentrated on his lips, your thumb's pace slowing down as you got rid of the chunks. You lost your focus as you gazed at his lips, your mind running wild with imagination.

And when Caboose gently placed his lips on yours, you were completely taken by surprise. The kiss felt unsure yet so certain at the same time. And once you pulled Caboose towards you more, he started to become more sure of his action.

He had totally forgotten about what he wanted to tell you; it probably wasn't important anyway. All he cared about right now was you. All you cared about right now was him. And somehow that made every problem dissolve to dust and flutter off into the wind.

The butterflies were long gone, as if kissing your crush was an instinct by now. You smiled into his lips, thinking of all the daydreams that have finally become true...

Score one for the blue team.