wash x carolina

i combined two requests in one for this one!!! i hope you enjoy halo12079girl and fnaf12079boy ! i'm absolutely in love with this one-shot :)

Ping ping ping.

The sound of the light-speed green targets getting marked echoed through the corridors of the Mother of Invention.

Ping ping ping.

The green flashed to red in a matter of milliseconds, but that didn't seem to be good enough. At least not for her.

Ping ping ping.

Wash gazed at his teammate with sad eyes, his hands stuffed in his pockets as he leaned against the entrance of the training room floor. She didn't seem to notice him.

Ping ping ping.

The swarm of targets surrounding her were all glowing red, indicating that she had finished her training session... Not that she cared. Carolina snapped her fingers, and the computer program knew exactly what that meant. It was like second nature now.

The circles appeared again, and she brushed her fiery red hair out of her eyes. She observed the ones that flew around her in circles, and she already had their patterns and paths mapped out in her head. Once her knuckles or toes made one of those targets flash red, her time would begin. And, she was ready.

Her legs and arms flailed around her, and it was almost as if she had become a huge blur to Washington. His eyes hurt just from looking at her. The session was done in a matter of seconds.

Carolina's chest rose and fell at a rapid pace, and Wash could hear her wheezing from twenty yards away. She visibly shook, and her eyes drooped with exhaustion. The leaderboard beamed down at her like a taunting demon; she glared at it menacingly.

She snapped once more, but Wash was quick to shut it down. "No, FILSS," he sternly ordered, storming across the training room floor. Carolina had a look of shock and loath covering her face as he approached. "You need to stop," his voice was lacking of his usual cheeriness and playfulness.

Her eye twitched, annoyed. She snapped her fingers again, but Wash quickly clasped his palm over hers. "Carolina," he urged, his cold gaze staring straight into her glare. "I can do this," she growled weakly, her voice strained and quiet.

"You can't even break out of my grip!" He exclaimed, motioning to his hand that was wrapped firmly around her wrist. The girl tried to wriggle out of his grasp, but ended up slamming her balled up fist into his chest in an effort to push him away.

"Let go," she cried, taking a step back and trying to pull away. Wash did exactly what she ordered, the momentum sending Carolina sprawled out on the training room floor. She coughed weakly.

"Are you okay?" Wash lowered himself to the ground, balancing on the balls of his feet. "Don't ask me if i'm okay..." The cyan armored girl paused to sniffle and wipe her nose, "I'm tired of lying."

"Talk to me," the black and yellow Freelancer pleaded, his eyes full of worry. "There's nothing to talk about," Carolina scowled, attempting to stand up and push past Wash.

He shoved her back to the ground, making the girl land on her ass with a thump. She scoffed, but when she saw the serious look on his face, she cleared her throat and gazed at the ground.

"I'm not good enough," she mumbled. "Don't say that. You've just been through some tough times lately," Wash shook his head dismissively, sitting criss cross in front of her.

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do," Carolina snapped, shooting him a glaring look. "You're pushing yourself too hard, 'Lina," the Freelancer frowned.

"I have to show him that I'm better," her voice was brittle, and Wash thought he heard his heart shatter. "You are better. But, you can't be when you're training literally every hour of everyday. Give yourself a break." He was tempted to reach out and grab her hand.

"Why do you care so much?" Carolina grumbled, a certain loath in her tone.
"There's just something about you I'm scared to lose because I know I won't find it in anyone else," Wash gulped, suddenly regretting the words that tumbled out of his mouth as he watched her expression.

"What are you trying to say?" Carolina speculated, her brow crinkled. "I'm trying not to tell you, but I want to. I'm scared of what you'll say, so I'm hiding what I'm feeling. But, I'm tired of holding this in," Wash pressed his lips into a thin line and flinched like she was about to hit him.

When she didn't move at all, he loosened up completely. And, just like that... Wash put his hand on the back of her neck and smashed their lips together. It was on pure impulse. The black and yellow soldier almost gasped when she kissed back, her lips attacking his hungrily. His fingers tangled in her fiery red hair.

He felt like he was going to cry. Was this a dream?

"Ahem," a familiar voice made the two jump out of each other's embrace. They stared at North in shock, a bright red blush spreading across both of their cheeks. The purple and green Freelancer had a huge smirk laced across his lips, and Theta giggled on his shoulder.

"Isn't the training room used for training purposes only?"