tucker x reader

requested by PiecesBurn_Up hope you like it! btw, the song I use is called "Addicted to You" by Avicii.

(au)

reader: feminine

You have trouble sleeping. Always have, always will. Moving into a new apartment didn't really help that problem. You kept the window open, letting the cool night breeze sweep through your curtains and float around your room.

All was peaceful. The scent of pine sifted through the room, and you stared at your ceiling. Your fingers tapped your stomach in a rhythmic pattern, and you hummed lowly as your head started to nod. You let your lips part as you started to replay the tune that was stuck in your head earlier today.

What once was an upbeat tune, was now a slow and solemn one.

"I don't know just how it happened, I let down my guard. Swore I'd never fall in love again but I fell hard. Guess I should have seen it coming; caught me by surprise. I wasn't looking where I was going; I fell into your eyes... You came into my crazy world like a cool and cleansing wave. Before I knew what hit me, baby, you were flowing though my veins."

You smiled, shaking your head with the beat. This was your favorite part of the day. When all was quiet and you were alone. You loved these moments. Once you got to the chorus you raised your voice, getting lost in the music that replayed over and over in your mind.

"I'm addicted to you, hooked on your love! Like a powerful drug I can't get enough of! Lost in your eyes, drowning in blue! Out of control, what can I do?
I'm addicted to you!"

Singing always helped you fall asleep. But what you didn't know is that it helped someone else, too.

Tucker, your neighbor one floor down, had his window open every night just to hear you sing. Sometimes, if he was in a good enough mood, he would sing too. His favorite was Addicted to You, even if he hasn't heard it before in his life. But he loved the way your voice flowed so easily through the song.

...Was it possible to be in love with someone, even if you've never seen them before in your whole life but only heard their voice?

Tucker thought so.

He closed his eyes, grateful he kept his window open all these nights. Your voice filled his ears again. God, this guy was in love.

***

But, then came the night Old Yeller decided to pop up on your TV screen.

You balled.
You weeped.
You sobbed.

It was an understatement to call this movie a "tear jerker".

You had already gone through a box of tissues and were on to toilet paper as a substitute.

You laid in bed, staring at the ceiling once again. But this time, you couldn't find it in your heart to sing. Every thought just led to that poor little doggy.

After 2 hours of silence, Tucker knew something was up. He knew you sang around 1 am. It was now 3... What's up?

He couldn't stand it. He knew something was wrong. He hadn't heard the door open since 6. He knew you were still there... unless you climbed out of the window or some shit.

Tucker climbed out of bed, throwing on some clothes before he stormed up one flight of stairs.

You were surprised when you heard banging on your door at such an hour, but nevertheless you got out of bed to answer. Grabbing a tissue along the way, you wiped the tears that started to form once again.

Tucker was blown away once you opened the door.

Even if you were crying with mascara running down your face and even if your nose was red from all of the sniffling and tissues and even if your eyes were red and swollen from the crying, you were still the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. And that's saying a lot considering all the lovelies he's brought to this apartment building over the past years.

"Can I help y-you?" Your voice was a bit shaky, but you tried to cover it up with a firm throat clearing. Tucker was speechless. He honestly didn't know what to do.

What did he expect? To rush up here and slide you a smooth pick up line? To have you swoon over him at 3 am in the morning?

Great job, Lavernius.

There was only one thing he knew he had to do...

Sing!

"Midnight blows in through the window, dances round the room! Got me hypnotized, I'm getting high on the perfume," Tucker flashed you a grin, not caring how loud he sang. You furrowed your bow, a bit confused about why this random guy showed up to your door and decided to start serenading you.

Tucker kept going, snapping and tapping his foot while you stared uneasily, "I couldn't live without you now, oh, I know I'd go insane!" By now, you had figured it out. All those nights with the singing and the window open, he was listening... A warmth spread through your heart.

You allowed yourself to smile as this mysterious man extended a hand to you, which you gladly took.

"I wouldn't last one night alone, baby!
I couldn't stand the pain!" You lead Tucker into your room, singing along with the chocolate-skinned man. Picking you up by your thighs, he spun you around the room while you laughed.

Together, you both screamed the chorus.

"I'm addicted to you, hooked on your love! Like a powerful drug I can't get enough of! Lost in your eyes, drowning in blue! Out of control, what can I do?"

It was as if all your sorrows had been wiped away and now replaced with rejoice. You didn't even know this guy, yet it felt as if you had known him for years...

"I'm addicted to you!"