wash x reader

ayeee beauties this one's for MelanieWinchester18 I hope you like it, love!!! *evil snickering*

(taking place in project freelancer)

reader: neutral

"Wash, stop it," you whined, failing to escape his death grip on your wrist. His feet were planted on the ground, and he poked out his bottom lip in a pout, "No!"

"(S/n), let's go!" North called from the Pelican, waving for you to hurry it up. You puffed your lips like a horse, sharing an embarrassed glance with the fellow Freelancer.

"I have to go!" You complained, trying to yank your hand away from Wash. "You can just stay here with me!" He beamed you a smile with hope in his eyes.

He always did this. Whenever you left for a mission without him, he fretted. North, York, and Carolina sat on the Pelican, rolling their eyes as they fully expected this.

"Wash," your voice was full of warning, and you gave him a demeaning look. Your boyfriend's eyes hit the floor, dropping with disappointment and sadness. He finally released your wrist and the blood relinquished in your hand.

You took off sprinting for the Pelican, laughing as you glanced behind you. Wash sighed, his shoulders slouching with his breath. He looked like a little puppy who just got dumped on the side of the road!

You giggled, biting your lip as you raced towards him. Hearing your footsteps pounding on the pavement, Wash looked up with surprise. You jumped into him, and his arms caught you immediately. It was a thing you often did; You running towards him and jumping in the air while he caught you and spun you around.

"I'm gonna come back to you," you smiled, wrapping your arms around his neck, "Don't worry." Wash nodded shyly, slowly attaching his lips to yours. You felt his grip on your hips tighten, and you giggled into his lips.

"I'll see you when I get back, okay?" You hopped out of his arms, pecking his cheek before turning around to walk away. Wash caught you by the hand abruptly, and you swung around to face him in surprise. "You promise?" He gave you a serious look, and your smile faded immediately.

You approached him slowly, placing a hand on his cheek lovingly. "Babe, I'm not leaving you... I promise," you shared a quick, passionate kiss before North started hollering for you again. You reluctantly pulled away, giving your boyfriend a smile before running towards your ship.

***

"Hey, guys!" Wash zoomed towards the Pelican, eager to see you. He bounced on the balls of his feet, smiling with glee as the Freelancers started to descend down the ramp.

Carolina had tears stained on her cheeks, and York had his arm around her shoulder. She seemed to be in a faze, and York was stroking her hair as he whispered to her.

Wash became confused, too puzzled to even ask them what was wrong. But he didn't need to; His questions were answered when North appeared at the Pelican's ramp with you in his arms, lifeless. David felt his heart pierce, and he froze immediately.

North's bottom lip quivered as he approached Wash, his heart ripping into pieces as he handed you over to him. Wash couldn't believe his eyes; he squeezed his eyes shut, screaming at himself to wake him up from this horrible nightmare.

Wash felt his knees buckle beneath him, and he didn't even feel the rocks cutting into his legs. He loomed over you, admiring how beautiful you were as you slept. "You're just sleeping," Wash muttered to himself, repeating the lie as if it would make the statement true.

Wash's eyes filled with tears as he placed his hand on your heart gently, praying for there to be a steady beating. When he found silence, the Freelancer let out a sob. "No, no, no," he cried, shaking your body to try and wake it up. "Come on, get up!" He yelled, taking your face in his hands.

"Get up," he whimpered, his face collapsing into your bloody chest plate. He felt himself draining, getting more numb and numb as he slipped into realization. Wash straightened up, pressing his lips into a thin line as he gazed at you.

Your beautiful hair was matted with blood... You would hate that. Wash combed through your locks, picking away all the dried up gore. When his teardrop fell on your cheek, he softly wiped it away with a thumb. "Why did you have to go?" He whispered, biting onto his bottom lip to try and stop his sobs.

"You promised," Wash cried, his hands cupping your soft cheeks.

He imagined you opening those gorgeous (e/c) eyes, smiling up at him and calling him silly. He imagined you laughing, burying your face in his shoulder as you blushed. He imagined you kissing him, warmth spreading across his whole body as he got lost in your lips... But then he told himself to stop lying.

His forehead fell, touching yours gently, "You promised."