locus x reader

this one goes to changaming i hope you like it!!!

(takes place in season 12 before locus and felix reunite)

reader: neutral

Locus knew it was wrong. It went against everything he stood for. It went against the mission. It went against protocol. It went against his orders.

He didn't think it would happen. He didn't think he would stoop to this kind of level. This is something Felix would do, for crying out loud.

But, it was something about you.

It was something about the way you were dead silent when they hit you. It was something about the way you stood true to your cause, not saying a single word about the Rebels. It was something about the way you seemed to be emotionless, yet once you two started something they all fell into place.

It was something about the way you knew it was wrong, and that you knew it went against everything you stood for, and that you knew it went against the mission, went against protocol, and went against orders.

Maybe it was something about the way you reminded him of himself. You were a true soldier. Just like him.

You thought that too, not until after you found out he was nothing more than a monster.

It all started when the Feds took you hostage.

You were pretty important to them, seeing as though they had one of the enemy's Lieutenant Generals in the palm of their hand.

The Federal Army of Chorus used you as a shield, telling the Rebels that if they attacked, you would be killed. You didn't have a ransom. You just had hope that they would rescue you.

Locus wasn't the one who interrogated you when they brought you into Armonia. No, it was some douche who was actually qualified in that sort of thing. He questioned you, hit you, and did everything he could in order to get you to break.

Locus was there in the shadows of that dimly lit room, watching you for answers. You didn't give them anything; you just stayed silent, trying to keep a straight face as best as you could.

You didn't say a single word to each other until one day when the interrogator got so frustrated, he stormed out of the room. Locus went to follow him, his shotgun held steadily in his hands.

"Monster," you growled, scowling at him as he walked by. Locus peered at you through his visor, sharing a short glance with you. He then marched out of the room, not making a peep.

The next day, you were surprised to see Locus enter the room instead of the regular jerk. You raised an eyebrow as he pulled a chair in front of you and simply just sat down.

"What happened to my little friend? We were just starting to bond," you inquired, the sarcastic tone in your voice really shining through. "He was taken care of. I didn't think he was fit for this job," Locus commented, his menacing voice sending shivers up your spine.

"And you think you can do better?" You laughed bitterly, not surprised when Locus didn't respond. There were a few moments of silence; you two stared at each other tensely.

You leaned forward in your chair, your voice in a low growl, "I'm not scared of you." Locus tore off his helmet, tossing it to the ground in response. His forest green eyes stared straight into yours, and his dreadlocks were pulled into a loose bun.

"You shouldn't be," he stated, leaning forward just like you did before, "I'm as much of a monster as you are." You blinked, surprise shocking every being in you. You didn't expect Locus to even talk to you, let alone defend himself for not being a monster. You thought for a moment, and you felt a change of heart happening.

You showed him a small smile, and you held out your hand for him to shake, "I'm (Y/n)." You already knew his name; everyone in the New Republic knew about him. Yet, you still felt the need to introduce yourself.

The corners of his lips slightly turned upwards, and he slowly met your open palm, "I'm Monster." You laughed, shaking your head knowingly. Who knew Locus had a sense of humor.

Over time, you two slowly fell in love. You tried denying it, but you couldn't resist each other. You gained trust in one another and spent the days sitting in that dimly lit room and just talking.

But, then came the day the New Republic invaded Armonia. It came clear to you now that you were nothing but a suit of armor and a gun. You felt ashamed of yourself for thinking that your army would stop fighting just for one person. You knew it had to be this way.

But, you thought Locus would protect you. You thought he would never lay a finger on you, because you realized you were wrong for calling him a monster. You thought you meant more to him than a war.

Your eyes lit up with hope and happiness as he walked through the sealed door, shotgun in hand. "Lo!" You cheered, your hands wiggling under the handcuffs with excitement. You could hear distant gunshots until the door shut behind him.

"Let's get out of here!" You beamed him a smile, already trying to break out of your restraints. Locus approached you slowly, his eyes filled with dread. "Locus?" You questioned, "Are you okay? What's wrong? What happened?"

You noticed his bottom lip quiver, but he stopped it by quickly biting down. He bent down to your level, pressing your lips together for a quick moment. There was a sense of passion in his kiss, which was very unusual for him. Normally, you two shared slow and gentle kisses. You knew something was up.

When he pulled away, you saw his eyes flood with tears for a short moment. Your brow furrowed as Locus lifted his shotgun to your forehead, and you immediately shook your head. "They want you to kill me," you wheezed, staring at him with disbelief.

He nodded slowly, his finger already tensing on the trigger. You exhaled a shaky breath, begging your love with pleading eyes.

Locus gulped, the cloudiness in his forest green eyes dissolving. He pulled the trigger, never taking his eyes off of yours. You now stared at him with lifeless eyes, and he already missed your beautiful (e/c) orbs that were once so happy and daring.

He retracted his gun, wiping off the sweat that caked his forehead. He took one last look at you, limp in your now bloody chair.

Maybe you were right...

He is a monster.