wash x virginia (lemon)

guys, I don't wanna sound cheesy or sappy here but writing this one shot made me want to tell y'all something. you are beautiful. you are sexy. you are amazing. you are everything you want to be. no amount of acne, or body fat, or anything that you think makes you lesser than any other person can define you. your flaws do not define you. please, don't give up. there are so many people in this fucked up world that you change. whether you think you do or not, I guarantee that you make someone's world so much better. so please, don't think you are nothing. don't think you're below someone else because of looks or talent. you're you. and you is awesome. enjoy this one shot and please take into consideration what the message is. you mean something. you mean everything. sorry it's a bit short, and not really lemony... but I think it'll do. :) this one's for you BethyBear0527 <3

Tears poured down Virginia's freckled cheeks, a never ending stream of shame. Her long, slick white hair was clumped into tangled knots. Her icy blue eyes were swollen and puffy, red from the countless hours of crying.

She observed her naked body in the mirror of her bathroom, pinching the excess skin that she thought made her seem useless. Her trembling hands scattered across her bumpy face, wanting to tear apart the flesh with her fingertips.

Her white and gold Mark VI armor laid on the cold tile, thrown there by her rage and frustration. She didn't deserve to be a soldier. She didn't deserve anything.

Her sobs echoed around the bathroom, and she was tempted to pick up her candle and smash the mirror with it. She thought maybe that would solve her problems. If she couldn't see herself, she couldn't hate herself... right?

"Beth?" Agent Washington stood in the doorway of the bathroom, hurt and confusion covering his facial expression. She must've left the door unlocked, because Virginia didn't even hear a knock.

"Don't look at me," Her small British accent shook and, she covered her imperfect face with her hands. "What are you talking about?" Wash inquired, almost breathless from disbelief.

"I-I'm nothing," she weeped, backing away from her partner. David didn't know what was more heartbreaking: Seeing the woman he loved crying and cursing at her naked body or seeing the woman he loved telling him that she was invisible when she knew how much she meant to him.

"Beth," Wash took a slow step forward, holding his hands out to her. "Please don't," she whimpered, falling to her knees and weeping into her pale hands.

"You are everything to me," Wash sat in front of her, gently tugging her hands away from her face. Virginia's bottom lip quivered as she continued to cry, her tears still tumbling down her cheeks.

"Stop," she scolded, trying to tear away from his grasp. Instead of following her request, Agent Washington scooped her off the ground and led her into the bedroom. Virginia weeped into his shoulder, ashamed that she let her happy self crumble in front of him.

"You make me feel special," David pressed his lips against hers, tasting the saltiness of the tears that leaked down her cheeks. He slowly lowered her to the bed, his fingers laced in her messy hair. "Your smile brightens my life," he whispered, breaking apart from her to slowly kiss down her neck.

Virginia shivered, her heart fluttering at the words that rolled off his tongue.

"You are absolutely, outstandingly gorgeous and that's the least interesting thing about you," Wash hummed, running his hands up her thighs. "Your body makes me weak," he sighed with content, smiling against her silky skin.

Beth had to cover her mouth to block out a sob from the impact of his sweet words. He had just told her that her beauty wasn't the only thing he cared about. In fact, it was the least. David cared for who she was. Beth.

"You're smart, talented, kind, happy, honest," he scattered kisses down her chest, "I could keep listing the ways you make my life worth something."

"Don't stop," Virginia laughed through her tears, the weeps now coming from joy. "I adore you," he mumbled into her skin, touching her in places that made Beth gasp.

"And God damn that British accent does things to me you wouldn't believe!" He smirked up at her, and Virginia giggled shyly.

Wash crawled up the bed, wanting his lips to meet hers once again. Virginia scratched at the hem of his t-shirt, and he broke away to pull it off.

"You are everything, okay? Not nothing," David threw the shirt to the ground, smoothing loose strands of her white hair behind her ear, "Everything." Virginia nodded, grateful tears clouding her eyes.

That night it was all about her. The room that was once filled with sobs and curses was now overflowing with praises, cries, moans, and truth.