doyle x reader

awww I've been waiting for so long to do a doyle x reader and NOW IM SO PUMPED WOO LET'S DO THIS PREPARE TO GET YOUR HEARTS RIPPED OUT PEOPLE! for the lovely DaggerTheCon hope you enjoy! :)

reader: neutral

"Stop right there, Donald," you hissed, pointing your magnum right at his helmet. The General turned around instantly, shock spreading through his whole body.

"(Y/n)?" He was breathless, full of disbelief. "What in God's name are you doing?" The white and orange soldier baffled.

"Just tying up a few loose ends," you sneered, taking a slow step towards him. "Drop the weapon," you ordered, motioning to the shaking sticky detonator he had gripped in his hands.

Doyle obliged, slowly placing the gun on the floor of the reactor room.

"So... you've been with the space pirates this whole time?" The General's voice was surprisingly calm, like he fully accepted it now.

"I did what I had to do," you growled, your hands starting to get numb around the pistol. "You lied!" He exclaimed, making you fall silent.

"You lied, took me for granted, told me I meant the world to you! You stood there, beside me, helping me with my military actions but in the long run... those decisions helped you and your side, didn't they? You let me fall in love with you! I... trusted you," Doyle's once calm voice was now strained, and you could almost hear his heart shattering.

"Well then you can't actually blame me, can you? It was your mistake," you shrugged, your tone cold-hearted and dark. "You broke your own heart for loving me," you finished, gulping down the tears that tried to break you.

Doyle seemed to notice something. The slight crack in your voice, the shakiness of your hands, the hurt look in your eye.

"You know, you don't have to lie anymore," Donald lifted his chin, a new sense of confidence filling his heart. You furrowed your brow, unsure of his statement.

But then you understood. He figured it out. He knew you, as much as you hated to admit it. He saw your doubt and the love that actually shined through your act.

"This is my job, Donald," you glared, shuffling your feet so that you stood taller, more assure. "And this is mine," The General reached to the floor, scooping up the sticky detonator.

"Don't," you warned, your hands tensing around the magnum's trigger. He ignored you, pointing the gun behind his back and towards the reactor's core.

His eyes never left yours.

"Donald," you pleaded, almost begged.

"Do it. It's what we've both been waiting for, isn't it? So go on. Pull the trigger," Doyle dared, his index finger ready on the sticky detonation.

You took a deep breath, steadying your hands. There seemed to be an hour of silence before the gunshots rang. The sticky detonator's bullet stuck to the core, and your magnum's bullet stuck to his ribs.

Doyle dropped his gun, his mouth hanging open as he clung for air. You ran to him, helping him down to the ground as his blood spilled out of his wound and stained his flawless white uniform.

The tears poured out of your (e/c) eyes, landing on Doyle's cheeks. His trembling hand reached up to you, slowly wiping the drops that ran down your face. You leaned into his touch, your sobs now tumbling out of your mouth.

"Lie to me... one last time," he whispered, his eyes slowly fluttering shut.

"I love you."