florida x reader

requested by the lovely Comeatmejohnnyboy even though it's not halloween or even thanksgiving yet I'M STILL GONNA DO A CHRISTMAS THEMED ONE-SHOT BECAUSE IT'S MY FAVE TIME OF THE YEAR OKAY AND I'M JUST READY FOR IT... that's all. :) sorry if it's a bit short!

reader: neutral

The crackling fire sent warmth up your spine, the flickering light of the flames lapping under your eyelids. The smell of burning wood and smoke filled your nose. You heard Butch take a slurp from his hot chocolate, and you allowed your eyes to flutter open to see him move a melting marshmallow around the rim of his mug.

Wrapping paper scattered the floor, presents and trinkets laying in two separate piles. You smiled once you noticed your kitten curled up beneath your tree, snuggling up against a lonely ornament that tumbled from one of the pine branches.

You felt a pang of annoyance after you heard Florida's slurping yet again, but when you turned to glare at him... All you could do was laugh. Your boyfriend had a huge smile across his lips with a clump of marshmallow stuck to his nose.

"You're such a dork," You giggled, kissing the tip of nose and in the process swiping the gooey sweet off of his skin. "You were saying," the ex-Freelancer cocked an eyebrow after you licked your lips from your prize.

"Don't make me take back your gifts," you teased, snatching his steaming mug out of his hands and raising the rim to your lips. "You wouldn't dare," Butch faked a gasp as he slid an arm around your waist, pressing a soft kiss on your temple.

Florida traced his fingers along your scalp, slowly racking his hands through your (h/c) hair. "You are just... breathtaking, you know that?" His sudden compliment made you pause your gulping, staring up at him with a blush matting your cheeks.

"Like, if I had to give you a penny for every time you made my heart race... I'd be in debt," your boyfriend lifted your chin with his thumb, "Major debt." A soft chuckle escaped your lips before they were pressed against his. A soft hum vibrated through him before you gently pulled away to show your gratitude.

"Today has been perfect," you whispered, a thumb tracing his bottom lip carefully, "I got everything I wanted." Florida just simply shook his head, a small smirk hiding on his lips as he rummaged in his pocket for something.

Your brow crinkled, but your attention was quickly turned to something else when you heard a scratching noise. Your eyes focused on your kitten, who was busy trying to wrestle and unsuccessfully swallow one of the pine needles that fell from your tree.

"Hey!" You scolded, swiftly scooping the tiny cat in your arms and tearing the needle away from its mouth. When you faced Butch to see what he was rummaging around for, you found your answer.

"I don't think this day can get any more perfect, unless you say yes," your boyfriend knelt on one knee, holding a small velvet box in his hand. The ring sat cushioned on a pedestal, its diamond twinkling up at you.

You dropped the cat in your lap, along with your jaw, earning a soft meow from the kitten. Tears clouded your eyes and you had to swallow them back down before you could manage a single word.

"Yes," you cried, rushing into his arms before he could even slide the ring down your finger. Your hands curled in his hair as he wrapped both of his arms around you. Florida's heart pounded in his chest so fast he thought you could feel it against the hug.

One more penny into his debt...