theta x reader

this one goes to SunLightGuy i don't think i've ever wrote a oneshot like this so forgive me if it totally sucks! <3 also, this is timed after season 13 where everything is perfect and tucker has all of epsilon's fragments and theta can move around freely without having tucker in a 5 foot radius because why the fuck not?

reader: feminine

"I don't know," Theta sulked with uncertainty, stuffing his hands in his holographic pockets. "You don't know?" Grif scoffed, a chuckle vibrating off his lips after taking a bite of his sandwich. "Son, are you gonna keep livin' in the unknown for the rest of your life?" Sarge gazed at the blue and purple AI over the rim of his reading glasses.

"Actually, I think Tucker's head is pretty known," Caboose held up a finger, but then crinkled his brow in confusion, "Or is it?"

"Shut up, Caboose," Simmons groaned, wiping a bead of Grif's spit off his cheek in disgust. "Well, that isn't very nice," the blue armored idiot crossed his arms, looking at Agent Washington for some support. The Freelancer just shook his head.

"Listen, kid," Tucker turned to the little AI, motioning him to come closer with a flick of his finger, "You gotta give the girl what she wants. Most girls like it rough, and they just don't know it yet. So, you gotta-"

"TUCKER!"

"What? Just giving the little guy some brotherly advice!" Tucker tried to justify himself, holding his hands up in defense.

"I don't think he needs that kind of advice," Grif scolded, tearing Sarge's newspaper out of his hands and using it as a napkin to wipe the mustard off his lip. He then proceeded to throw it on the ground after crumpling it up. Sarge whacked him on the back of the head.

"I don't know," Theta felt his cheeks heat up from embarrassment, and he kicked the air as if it were the dirt. "You just gotta," Agent Washington paused, searching for the right words. Theta immediately perked up when his leader started to speak.

"You just gotta tell her how you feel," Wash shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck uneasily. After seeing Theta unsure and scared, the Freelancer sent him a wink.

"That's an order."

***

"(Y/n)?" Theta peeped, his shy tone sounding like more like a whisper as he entered your room through your door. He had to admit, it felt weird just storming into your room without a knock. He tried setting off a few fireworks to try and get your attention before he barged in, but you didn't respond.

Theta wasn't even sure if you were there or not. He didn't hear you answer. He was waiting for your cheerful voice to fill with excitement when you heard him. But, he didn't hear anything. He didn't hear a giggle or your happy tone anywhere.

No, he heard something different...

It was quiet, quiet enough that he had to strain to make sure the sound was actually real. It sounded as if the facet to your sink was squeaking, or maybe your boots were making a weird noise when you walked around.

But, as Theta continued to listen, confusion filled his mind. "(Y/n)?" The purple and blue AI called for you again, this time a bit louder. It wasn't a bad facet or wet shoes... It was crying.

Theta slowly entered your bunk area, trying to figure out what was going on. He was shocked to see you collapsed on your bed, your shoulders shaking uncontrollably like you were having a seizure. Wait... Were you the one that Theta heard crying?