wash x reader

requested by Agent_Indiana1 lol I came up with this idea in the shower, I hope it's as great as I think it is. enjoy!!!

reader: neutral

"Oh, God," Wash facepalmed when he walked into class, spotting you waiting for him.

"Good morning," you cooed, winking at your crush flirtatiously. Wash ignored you just like always, rolling his eyes as he plopped into his wooden school chair.

"Did you miss me?" You tilted your head, a smile beaming off of your face. "No," he bluntly replied, opening his notebook to get some studying done before class started.

"It's okay to not show your feelings in public. I understand you wanna keep our thing low-key," you batted your eyelashes, leaning your cheek on your fist.

"I will shoot you if you say another word," Wash slammed his hands on his desk, glaring at you as you smirked. "If the weapon is your love, I got my hands up. If you're gonna take me down, I surrender," you blew him a kiss, and the blonde groaned.

After class, you strutted through the halls with Carolina. "I have no idea why he isn't falling for me, yet! I've tried all my tricks in the book!" You whined, sulking against your locker.

"I know Wash. He's stubborn. He's like a little kid. He's doesn't have many... feelings for people," Carolina shrugged, twisting the combination on her locker. "You mean he's asexual or something?" You gawked, not really surprised but still a little.

"No, that's not what I meant," she snapped, rolling her eyes, "I mean, he's caught up in his school work. He could care less about getting in a relationship." Your shoulders slumped, and you sighed deeply.

"Give it up, (Y/n). You're wasting your time."

***

That night, when Wash went to sleep, his mind played him a dream.

He didn't have dreams very often, but when he did they were vivid.

He saw you...

Wash was a bit confused when you were standing on a hill, all alone. The wind fluttered through your hair, and you were staring into the sky.

He approached you, wrapping his arms around your waist as he sniffed your hair. You giggled, turning your head to the side and allowing him to kiss your cheek.

His heart fluttered in his chest, and he smiled gently against your skin.

When he woke, the butterflies wouldn't seem to go away. His breathing wouldn't slow down; It was as if he was on top of Mount Everest, trying to capture enough oxygen in his lungs to function.

He fanned his face, wondering why he broke into a sweat. A realization crept across his mind as he turned the dream over and over again in his mind.

Wash was completely head over heels for you.

***

The next day of school was utterly boring for you, and you found yourself not even excited for class with Wash. You followed Carolina's advice... Give it up.

Your brow crinkled when you saw Wash sitting in your seat, leaning back in it as though it were a throne.

"What are you doing?" You asked uneasily, raising an eyebrow as you stood in front of the wooden desk. "Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes," Wash smirked, dragging his eyes slowly up your body.

You shifted your feet uncomfortably, "You're acting weird." Wash chuckled, "I'm just acting in the name of love."

Your eyes widened and you felt your lungs empty. "You're joking," you whispered, disgusted that he would even kid about this sort of thing.

"Why would I lie about something like that?" Wash grinned, running a hand through his sandy blonde hair.

Breathless, you sit down in Wash's seat, staring at the wall in disbelief. You felt like you were going to faint.

Wash took your hand in his, smiling as he gazed into your eyes. "I'm sorry about playing hard-to-get before... I just didn't notice how insanely,"

He scooted his chair forward a bit.

"Completely,"

He scooted once more.

"Utterly,"

He was close enough to feel your shaky breath on his lips.

"Truly perfect you are," he smirked, lightly touching his lips to yours. When you didn't pull away, or move at all for that matter, Wash took that as a hint to keep going.

Gently placing a hand your cheek, Wash pressed harder against your lips.

Your eyes fluttered closed, and you pulled him closer by clenching his t-shirt in your fists.

Your cheeks flushed a bright red when he slipped his tongue into your mouth, making your heart pound even more in your chest.

You flipped backwards out of your chair, squealing as you hit the floor. You felt your embarrassment shoot through the roof, looking around at all your classmates laughing.

Wash stood above you, smiling apologetically as he held his hand out for you, "You okay, (Y/n)? Come on, get up. You know I can't lose you!" He chuckled, winking at you with a smirk across his lips.

That sentence was all it took for you to finally pass out.