church x reader

requested by MialeeNialo !!! I hope you love it, sweets!

(au)

reader: feminine

"Here," your proud, beaming smile made Church weak in the knees when you turned to him with a seashell in your hand. "I found this amazingly beautiful intricate seashell and I want you to have it," your geekiness made him want to melt. You emptied your gift into his open palm, and he chuckled.

"Wow, thanks. I'll just put this with the other 400 you already handed me," Church gave you that side smirk, hoping his tease would get you snappy. And he was correct.

"Well, if you're gonna be a little smartass I'll gladly take it ba-" Your complaint got cut off by his laughter, one of the most genuine sounds that has ever met your ears. "I'm just fuckin' with you! I love it," he tried to stifle his laugh with a stupid grin once you glared at him.

"You're an asshole, you know that?" You pushed him, making him land in the sand with a dramatic fall. After you gave in and laughed, Church sat back up and pecked you on the cheek.

You two have been sitting in the sand for hours now; You watched the sunset, picked up seashells (mostly you), and splashed around in the waves. It was perfect!

After hearing Church's stomach growl, you knew it was time to bring out the sandwiches. "You hungry?" You chirped, already pulling out your pre-made turkey sandwich out from your cooler.

Church smiled brightly, nodding like a kid who just got a new toy. You handed him his turkey sandwich and you took your opposite; you preferred ham rather than turkey.

You both took a bite, happily chewing as you gazed out at the waves. But then when a certain crunch met your teeth, you two instantly sent glares each other's way.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!"
"HOW DARE YOU?!"

"YOU DID IT, DIDN'T YOU?!" You screamed, pointing a vicious finger in his direction. "WELL I SURE AS HELL DIDN'T! CAUSE I'M NOT SATAN!" Church threw his hands in the air, and his sandwich went flying too.

People have already glanced you're way, and they never would've guessed that you two were screaming your hearts out over sand.

Yes.

There was sand in your sandwiches.

Only the devil could do something so evil.

Usually your fights started off like this. Screaming, throwing shit, cussing. And then your fights ended up with laughing, kissing, hugging, and more laughing.

People were even more confused.

"Now you got sand in my hair!" You whined, examining your (h/c) locks with a pouty face. Church laughed, shaking his head, "What do you mean now?! I didn't get sand in anything in the first place!"

"You're a dirty liar," you taunted, raising a snarky eyebrow as you inched closer to his face. "Yeah, but you love it," he smirked, winking at you before attaching his lips to yours.

***

"Come on already!" Church crossed his arms, kicking his feet in the sand. "Nuh-uh," you shook your head stubbornly, refusing to meet his eye contact as you sat in the sand.

"You don't have to be scared! I promise I'll hold your hand the whole time AND you can keep all the seashells we find along the way," Church had this glint in his eye that told you he wasn't going to give up on this. After a sigh, you reluctantly lifted your gaze to his, "All of the seashells?"

"All of them," he extended a hand to you, and you finally got to your feet.

Church had found this cave by the beachside, and he was determined to go exploring. You stole his sweater he wore earlier and you were wearing it over your bathing suit, but not before you made the comment, Who the hell brings a sweater to the beach?!

You tightly held onto his hand as you both entered the damp cave. The way the dripping water echoed off the rocky walls freaked you out, just like that crazy tunnel did in Willy Wonka. Jesus, that part always made you hide under the covers. And so did this cave.

But yet you still felt safe with Church right beside you, holding your hand as he gazed at the walls surrounding you. You decided to do the same, considering you might as well make the best out of this horrifying experience.

Church's gaze now drifted to you in response to the loosening pressure you had on his hand. You looked like you were actually enjoying it.

Jesus, Church couldn't take his eyes off of you.

He couldn't stop drooling over the way your hair was all sea-surf-y and tangled, and the way you wore his sweater on over your swim suit, and with your skin all tan and with all that color in your cheeks.

You were like a vision.

"Kiss me," the words rolled off of his tongue before he could trap them. "Huh?" You stopped walking, furrowing your brow at what he just said. "Kiss me," Church showed you a soft smile and you wondered why the cave suddenly got so... wonderful.

His arms circled around your waist, and you gladly wrapped your arms around his neck. You instinctively placed your lips on his, the taste of salt and sweetness landing on your tastebuds.

Maybe you should go to the beach more often.

heyyy! sorry I haven't been posting in a while! after vacation I'm trying to get back into the groove of everything... and yes I just said groove. so I hope you liked the one-shot!!! remember to leave a comment telling me how you think!