Two Wrongs [ jarida ]

Short description: (Jack & Merida)

Jack has always thought of himself as a reject, something the world never wanted.

But then he met Merida, who was probably his complete equal. Someone that is also a negative.

So he thought, "maybe this time, two wrongs make it right."

(Inspired by the song "Safety Pin" by 5 Seconds of Summer.)

Warning: contains swearing

----/----/----/----

"Double negative makes a positive." Henry discussed again and again until he realized the person he is talking to is distracted, staring at something that is probably dumb yet again.

"Jack?" He waved his hand in front of the person who was across him.

The white haired boy's eyebrow furrowed. "Oh, sorry Hiccup." He apologized.

"Will you please quit calling me that?" Henry said annoyed.

"Yeah." He said, his voice trailing off as his eyes wandered around the room.

"What are you-"

"Ms. DunBroch! For the fifth time, foods are not allowed in the library!" The librarian said completely pissed off.

"It's just an apple." The fiery red haired girl, who had her eyebrows furrowed, answered. Her thick Scottish accent clearly visible in each word she said.

"Well thi-"

"Shhhh..... did you see the sign there? It says silence. S-I-L-E-N-C-E. So if you please Ms. Librarian, lower your voice." Merida said mimicking the same tone the librarian uses whenever she tells someone to quiet down.

Jack raised his eyebrows as he stared at her in surprise and amazement.

"Are you mocking me?" The librarian asked.

"Obviously." Jack blurted out a bit too loud which caught everyone else's attention to him. His eyes widened.

"Shit." He muttered to himself. This time, only Henry heard him. And because of that, he earned a glare from his beloved cousin.

"Why Mr. Frost. Surprised to see you have to guts showing up in the library after knocking down 3 shelves of books like it was some kind of a domino and leaving it like that." The librarian glared at him, her thick glasses going lower to almost the tip of her nose.

"I said I was sorry." He muttered once more.

"The two of you, DunBroch, Frost, are going to detention. And I expect to see your parents here tomorrow morning." The librarian said. "The principal is hearing about this."

"What?!" Jack and Merida said in unison.

"That's unfair! I barely did anythin and I'm still getting detention and tell my mom to come here?" Merida complained.

On the other hand, Jack didn't know if he should complain or not because that incident happened more than a month ago and the librarian only brought it up again. But his parents were never called to school, and by parents they meant guardians.

At the age of 13 he moved to his aunt Valka's house while his mom worked hard to try to take care of his little sister. His father was long dead for trying to fight for freedom as a soldier.

Jack tried hard not to bring his mom down, or his aunt.

"Great job Jack." Henry said sarcastically as he adjusted his eyeglass.