Celebrate the year [ jarida ]

Short description: (Jack & Merida)

A phone call during New year's eve.

This is more like a gag but yeah.

----/----/----/----

Jack's POV

"Hello?" Merida answered her phone. A huge grin formed in my lips.

"Finally you answered." I said.

"Frost? Why are you calling at this hour?" She began bombarding me with questions. Her voice was a bit hoarse, like she just woke up.

Well, maybe she did just woke up. After all, it's already 11:40 something pm. It's not like her to stay up till this hour.

"It's December 31 Merida. 11-" I checked my watch. "11:52 pm."

"So?" She said in an annoyed tone.

"It's new year's Eve!" I said with a voice full of enthusiasm.

"Should I care?" I could sense her rolling her eyes.

"The year's almost over so get up and start celebrating this for a change."

"I lived for a long time without celebrating New Year so why should I celebrate now?"

"Cause a New Year is just minutes away." I told her.

"Not really that looking forward to it."

"Aw come on. Why?"

"Cause I'm sure it's just gonna be another boring year."

"I'm right here to make it not boring Mer. Isn't that something you could look forward to?"

"Yeah sure but — Hamish! Get the heck outta my room or I'll kick your sorry ass!" She yelled angrily. I'm guessing everyone else in their house was also already awake. "Look Jack if you bothered my sleep just so you could celebrate your beloved New Year's Eve with someone please call someone else. I need sleep." She groaned.

"I don't wanna." I grinned even though I know she won't see it.

"Sleep." She groaned once more.

"You know there's a reason you're the one I called." I said.

"To annoy me and interrupt my sleep?" She asked. I just laughed.

"Nah, I could do that in any other time of the year. This time it's actually more special."

"Like what?"

I checked my watch once more. 11:59 pm.

"I wanna be the last person you talk to for this year." I smiled.

"That's great. You're the last person already, I'm not talking to anyone else after this call don't worry cause I'm gonna sleep. Good night." She said before ending the call.

I groaned and dialed her number again. "What now?"

"There's also another reason." I said. I could already hear people starting to count down.

"What?" She asked.

"10!"

"Well."

"9!"

"I also wanna be the first one that you talk to for the start of the new year."

"6!"

"You're so cheesy."

"5!"

"Am not!"

"4!"

"Are to!"

"3!"

"Fine I am. But that's just because of you. Cause you're special." I grinned.

"1!"

"Cause I love you."

"Happy New Year!" Everyone cheered.

"Happy new year Merida." I smiled before ending the call.

I can't believe I just said that. I confessed! At New Year's Eve.

Meanwhile...

Merida's POV

"Wait, what?" I raised an eyebrow looking at my phone. "What just happened?"