Shine a Light [ jarida ]

Short Description: (Jack and Merida)

"Your father doesn't believe in magic."

"Well he should... cause it's true."

yes, I made that AMV lol

----/----/----/----

It was during my birthday when I first saw a wisp. That was when I also met him. The winter spirit who liked having fun. His name was Jack Frost.

He used to tell me tons of stories about his travels, how he flied to many different places. He brings me stuffs from those places he's been too. As a kid I looked up to him, he's done so many things and has been to so many places. I wish I could also be like that.

"Hey princess. What have you been up to?" A voice asked making me smirk.

"Well, you won't believe what I did today. I climbed the Crone's Tooth and drank from the Fire Falls." I said proudly.

"Is that so?" Jack raised an eyebrow. "Well I bet you won't be able to guess what I did today."

I paused for a moment. "Is that a challenge Frost?" He just shrugged.

"Well, I bet what you did is..." I started. His eyebrow just raised. "get me a present."

He laughed. "Okay, you got me." He said bringing out a little cylindrical thingy. "Here you go." He handed it to me.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Well, while I was flying around I saw this floating in the air and thought you'd like it. I knew they wouldn't mind if I took one since there were tons out there when I saw it. It's a flying lantern." He said. "You light this thing here and then it flies. It looks better at night though, light them then."

"Where did you get it?"

"From a kingdom called Corona. They were having a festival... I think." Jack laughed.

I smiled widely before getting it from his hand. "I'll light it tonight." I told him. He just smiled.

We talked about our adventures for a while and my current achievements I haven't bragged about yet. Before it got dark out, it was time for me to go back. I didn't want my mum to worry too much again. Last time she sent out men to find me thinking I got lost which was ridiculous if you ask me.

But before I went back, just as I told Jack, I lit up the lantern he gave me. I watched it float as I rode off toward our castle.

The rest of the day before I went back to bed was just the same as any other day in my life. When I got to bed, I saw a familiar pattern growing on my window glass.

Frost patterns during summer can only mean one thing.

I smiled widely and ran towards the rooftop of the castle, making sure I don't forget to put something to keep the door open.

"Missed me already?" I teased.

"I'm not the one who ran all the way here." Jack smirked.

"Not everyone can fly." I rolled my eyes at him before walking to his direction.

I sat down beside him and sighed. "What seems to be troubling the princess?" He asked.

I paused. "What?"

"Don't 'what' me, I know something's wrong. You seem out of it." He said. "I can tell there's a problem. I can tell if you have a problem."

I just stared at him.