I'm not nice [ jelsa ]

Short description: (Jack & Elsa)

Inspired by the "i hate nice girls" rant of Hikigaya Hachiman from Oregairu

Warning: contains a few curse words

----/----/----/----

"Um... how do I put this?" She whispered, or was it a whisper? I guess she was trying to whisper but my sharp hearing was able to detect what she said.

"It's not really like that Jack. I uh..."

At this point I knew where this was going. I laughed nervously. "Yeah that was a dumb thing to say. Bad joke right?" I said as my heart started beating faster. "I mean why would you want to go out with me?"

Thia smiled as she laughed. Her eyes were full of pity, pity that she felt towards me. I felt like something shot through me. Shit, why does it hurt so much?

"Yeah you're funny." She said.

"That's me." I scratched my nape.

"But you should never joke about those things okay? For a second there I thought you became like Mark back there." She said.

I just laughed nervously. And after that, silence. The silence was so intense I wanted to run away from it.

"I told you never to give meanings to what I do didn't I?" She faced the other way. I swallowed hard, trying to hold back the tears.

"Yeah." I said weakly looking down.

"Sorry Jack, but I just don't like you that way." She said a bit calmer than before. Back to her usual self now I believe.

"You're a great guy, but..."

"I understand." I said starting to walk away. I could hear her calling for me but I didn't look back. I can't face her after all that embarrassment.

-*-

"Mind if I sit here?" Someone asked sitting on my seatmate's chair. I looked at the person to see who it was, not that I needed to look cause I could recognize that voice anytime.

I just stared, she already knew the answer so why bother? I looked over to my right to see why Elsa went here and saw her assigned seat was occupied by someone else.

"Where's Astrid?" She asked. I just shrugged in reply. "I don't care."

"You're so mean to her." She commented. How am I supposed to react to Astrid then? I'm only telling the truth that I don't know and I don't care about where she is. I'm not my seat mate's keeper.

Honestly maybe it's because I feel uncomfortable knowing that she likes me. And also there's the fact that everyone else in the room knows she likes me.

I don't dislike her, but I also don't like her. It's kind of somewhere in between.

There was a long silence during that time because everyone else was actually paying attention to class.

"We've been stuck in this topic for days." Elsa said breaking the silence.

"I still don't get it." My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at the board.

And knowing Elsa, she ended up teaching me how it works. Honestly I already got how to do that but after the weekend I feel like I suddenly got amnesia and forgot all of it.

"Wait so you don't multiply it to that?" I asked Elsa. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I told you that more than twice didn't I?" She rolled her eyes.