Chemistry Class [ tadahoney ]

Short Description: (Tadashi & Honey Lemon)

How hard is it to be a newbie at your last year at high school? Very. Specifically when you're like Tadashi Hamada.

Tadashi Hamada was a very quiet person, he rarely talked to anyone in school. But then at his first day at school, in his chemistry class, he met this girl. Her name is Aiko.

Aiko Miyazaki, or more widely known as Honey Lemon, could probably be described as loquacious introvert for being such a talkative person but not really that great with making friends. She constantly talks to Tadashi unlike the other students. It was like there was some kind of force that brought her near to Tadashi, she was probably the only one Tadashi talked to that was answered with actual words and not just gestures.

And because of that, the two became closer to each other. They grew fond of each other and often got teased as a "couple" even though they weren't dating. Tadashi didn't deny the fact that he liked her and he doubted that Aiko haven't noticed. He wanted to confess but they only had one class together.

That's when he decided; it all comes down to Chemistry Class.

This is a long lost story That I came up with, and by long lost I meant I started working on it on 2016 and just began to continue it this year.

Here's the 1st chapter that I did.

This ship needs more love.

----/----/----/----

"Everybody, as you can see we have a new student. He's from Chesworth." The teacher announced. She slightly titled her head before asking the person beside her. "Hamada right? Tadashi?"

He just nodded, his hair bouncing as his head shook yes slightly. "This is Tadashi Hamada." Mrs. Larkins continued.

He was keeping a straight face the whole time, trying to make himself seem smaller from his towering height that became more obvious sitting beside the teacher who has a height that is measured only till Tadashi's chest.

Practically sweating from nervousness he waited for the teacher to tell him to sit, because when he was introduced by the teacher at his first subject he went straight to a chair without the teacher's permission. He earned laughs for that because he didn't know there was an assigned seat for everyone.

"Sit on the chair at the back if you will Mr. Hamada." Mrs. Larkins pointed at an empty seat behind a tall blonde girl.

At the first few weeks he was practically considered as a voiceless person mainly because he rarely talks and partly because when he's asked a question he would either just nod yes, shake his head no and if he knows the answer but it is long he just shrugs.

And during those times, the blonde girl, Aiko Miyazaki, kept him company. Talking to him ever so often even though she knows he wouldn't really answer her most random questions.

He noticed that she was more than that bubbly person he sees during that one subject they have together. Although she's caught goofing off or talking to someone most of the time, she still gets good grades and high scores.

"Tadashi." Aiko called adjusting her large pink glasses. He just looked at her, waiting for the continuation of her sentence. "Do you have any extra ballpens?"

"Um, no." He simply replied, trying to solve the given question on their activity.

"Pencil?" Aiko asked again. Tadaahi just shook his head no for a reply.

There was a pause between the two, a short silence and all that could be heard was the noise all the other students we're making. Until of course Tadashi tapped Aiko's shoulder.

"How do you get the molecular mass?" He asked. Aiko faced him and started giving him instructions.

"First you get the atomic weight of each element." She said as she listed all the atomic weight of the given element which she looked up on her periodic table.

"And then you-" she paused and groaned as her pen stopped leaving trails of ink on the paper. She tapped it a bit on her desk before facing Tadashi again. And still, it wouldn't write anything.

"Can I borrow your pen?" She asked. Tadashi just handed his pen with a poker face.

And after that she continued her explanation. Most of the time Tadashi's eyebrows would furrow because of confusion and when he calls her to ask something he didn't quite understand, that's when he will remember what it really is.

Like this scene perhaps..

"Aiko how did..." Tadashi tapped her shoulder, and as a response she hummed before facing him. "Wait, nevermind nevermind." He said.

And even though he didn't really talk that much to other people, he has this habit of suddenly tapping Aiko's shoulders and start talking about a random subject out of the blue. Maybe it was just mainly because they shared a lot of same interests, like their love for science perhaps, and partly because he just wanted to talk to her. Or maybe he was just plain bored at those times.

"Do you even know how to talk in a longer sentence?" Aiko asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes." Tadashi replied trying to take notes about how to name compound elements, something he could barely understand. But to Aiko is was easy as pie.

"Really? Cause right now you aren't proving it." Aiko said staring at his surprisingly neat handwriting. She noticed that he holds the pen the same way she does, which was a rare thing she sees since how she holds a pen isn't like the way any normal person would.

"Maybe it's because I'm trying to write." Tadashi said in a rather calm voice, she was a bit surprised he wasn't pissed off because of her noisiness.

"You do know that's in our book right?" She said.

"What?! And I wrote every single word of it? You could've told me earlier." Tadashi groaned scratching the back of his neck.

"I told you when you were writing almost the half of it." Aiko pointed out. "Before I switched places with Sadie."

"Well, that was a waste of time." Tadashi closed his notebook. Aiko just laughed.

"I can tutor you if you want, I know a lot about that. And in exchange, tutor me about physics. It's honestly one of my most hated branch of science." Aiko offered. She noticed that Tadashi had trouble with her favorite subject while Physics was something Tadashi enjoyed.

He's someone who's really serious when it came to studying. Aiko would often see him reviewing lessons or sometimes even advance reading. And the thing she often caught him advance reading was Physics. So if she'll ask someone to teach her about it, Tadashi would be the first to pop in her mind.

"Sounds like a great deal." Tadashi smiled. "So, when will we start?"