Ch. 18 : XOXO~ (Part 1 : Winner of the Bet)

Author's P.O.V.

It has been a week since the Kai incident and nothing in particular changed much. He was still the guy with a bitchy-face looks casually walking in the corridors as if he owned it. Girls squealing from here and there every moment he's in sight was practically common now. From the first time they had lunch with EXO-K, it turned out to be a usual routine. This might not be the best time of the day for Angela since there was still an awkward feel between Kai and her, it was also not considered to be the worst. The fun they have with just a compilation of simple chitchats over something so small in details came out to be really satisfying. 

One could say that Angela had grown accustomed to the changes in her new life. Though, not completely.

-

"Finally~ Exams are over!" Angela said with a mirthful grin, hands lifted upwards as if she was a bird sent out after decades of being caged. Well, who wouldn’t be happy? The stressful days of reviewing on different subjects are finished. Everyone in the class had the same glint in their eyes, excitement.

Feeling free without a care in the world while the Angelic Polar bear beside her is sound asleep, recuperating from those sleepless nights of studying. "Baek~hyunnie~, Why sleep on such a great day?" The brisk Angela disturbing the hibernating guy to which only gave a semi-irritated moan as a reply back at her. Turning to face the other way and let himself drift away to dreamland once again.

"Don't get over excited. The results are still not out." Another Angel joining in the scene as he makes his way inside the room to his seat at the back row.

"Yah! Don't jynx it, Kyungsoo!" She said with an annoyed tone. But, the teasing did not stop there. Kyungsoo was determined to push Angela to her limits. Every word coming out of his mouth was part of his plan.

"Hey, I'm just saying that luck alone won't be enough to pass your exams." Kyungsoo sneered causing the bubbly Angela to crease her eyebrows even more. "For your information mister, I studied!" Angela snorted back. Though this conversation is starting to sound louder and louder by the minute, their busy classmates are having different talks of their own, leaving the two's with much unpaid attention. 

"So how about a bet?" The master unveiling the rest of his plans to which Angela only replied with slight raise of her right eyebrow. "Well, it's simple. Whoever gets a better grade average between the two of us wins. Thus, letting ME, I mean him/her grant a wish for the other. Gets?" Kyungsoo thoroughly explaining the details to the opposite.

Even though Angela was quite confident about getting high grades for every test she completed, she composed herself from making any rash decisions. This might as well be a trap for some another devious plans he has. Angela did forgive him but she never had forgotten. Come to think of it, Kyungsoo was never the one to commit himself into something unless he knows he has the upper hand. Does this mean Angela is part of those things he has superior grasps too?

"So? What's your answer, Princess?" A comment that made Angela shush him from saying anything further. But just as before, by the time Kyungsoo finished his sentence everybody had quiet down and heard it, causing them to input unnecessary thoughts unto their sane mentality. 

*Princess?* They thought. Such word that can never escape the astute hearing of his so called 'Support Team'. Angela saw darkening looks of the ladies from the different sides of the room while the guys only added fuel to the fire, sputtering more unneeded comments and suggestions. To her surprise, the hibernating polar bear is now wide awake, too, beaming her out a confusing glare from behind that really made her stiffen more. It was just plain stressful; their looks, his glare and the other's smirk.