Ch. 20 : XOXO~ (Part 3 : Nothing On You)

[Author's P.O.V.]

"Can you please stop tugging down your dress?"  Kyungsoo said as he drives for their final destination. "It really looks pretty on you." He added, this time looking directly at Angela's eyes, flashing a sweet smile to ease her tension. Though his compliments were a bit helpful, the flying butterflies hovering over her tummy won't seem to go away.

So, she shifted her gaze out the window, only to see a familiar scenery she once saw before; a picturesque hillside view.  It was getting late and the sun is now setting down, but the main event was just about to start.

"We're almost there."  Upon hearing those words, a certain tall gate came onto sight. The Do mansion just behind those high erected steel bars. The big surprise for Angela was not the hillside mansion but what was happening in it; bright lights, floral decorations, cars of different types and groups of people here and there wearing their bests. What got her attention the most was the appearance of two dazzling goddesses welcoming guests.

Kyungsoo made a turn at the rotunda and stopped by the main entrance of their home. He latched open the door, went down and threw the key to the valet as he unlatches the one in Angela's side. With just the first step out, the excitement already came running to her. Though, 'excited' would be much suitable for this one. "Baby Donut~!" Hyorin called out, quickly pacing on her white dress to where they stand. Kyungsoo, being called on his given pet name by the ever active noona sent chills to his spine.

"Yah, I thought you're bringing Angela as your date?" She asked, eyeing the lady in pink that Kyungsoo brought with him. "OMO!? Baby Anj, is that you!?" The elder surprised with the big changes she is seeing now. "Wow, I only thought of you being cute back then, now you're simply stunning. Let me guess, Milan's Goddess hands?" Hyorin spouting words of compliments. She was really admiring Angela's new look. Even from afar, her radiance could shine through.

"Hyung only helped bring to light the hidden beauty, but I saw it even before tonight." Kyungsoo simply answered back, mesmerized. Angela could only beam out a shy smile with all the compliments she's been receiving. What left her befuddled was the abstruse mood of a certain big eye, being annoyed then backing away to hold his temper, angry then suddenly giving compliments like nothing happened. Mood swings are really hard to comprehend, especially his.

Hyorin surely wanted to chat some more but unfortunately she had more things to do, leaving the two of them in the vast sea of guests. "Kyung, can I ----" Angela was cut short in the middle of asking Kyungsoo something. The other goddess in black appears before them. “Mom and Dad wants to see you." Not even noticing Angela with her business to set the party on it proper flow, taking off as quickly as it is.

Kyungsoo had to go for a short while, bidding his date to wait for him until he gets back, to which she assented to do. Angela was surrounded with people of all sorts but there was one thing she was sure of, they were all rich. Glittering gold accessories hanging on their neck and wrists turned out to be something common for them.

She was left wandering the ground floor, not until a certain unknown character asked for her name. Angela had no means of answering back but she did not want to appear rude. So, she introduced herself simply with her name and off she goes. Apparently, the guy was persistent, wanting to know more.

"What's the rush, miss?" Angela didn't want to make a scene so she resisted on a level only enough to release herself from his grip. But it was no good, the guy before him is determined to do things his way, forcing dear little Angela to accompany him somewhere. She was tearing up, frightened. 

*Somebody help me.* She thought out loud. Her left hand was being dragged along with her body when a certain warmth took hold of the other. "I've been looking all over for you." An angelic voice coming afloat in between of the crowd. It was Baekhyun, a polar bear dressed in a white suit. His smile erased every ounce of fear in Angela's throbbing heart, turning out to be the hero of the night. With Baekhyun by her side, she gathered all the strength she could to take her wrist back. The young lad wanted to continue on with the show, supposedly leading to an exchange of fists. Not until, more familiar faces in suits decided to appear in different corners. Chanyeol and Suho came from behind where Baekhyun was standing. Sehun, from Angela's left, cutely pinching her cheeks before flashing a deathly glare. All that's left is, Kai, making his entrace from behind the once confident extra. Placing his right hand onto his shoulder before uttering words of warning to his ear that made him scour out of their sights.