Ch. 58 : Love Song

A/N: Hi~ I miss you!

________________________________________

I still remember, Taey…everything…and I won’t dare forget…

What about you…?

Baekhyun’s pace starts to diminish in length, the same time his heart starts to rapidly pound in his chest.

“Taey…” said Baekhyun with a hint of longing mixing with happiness at the corner of his lips and fear squinting at the corner of his eyes.

Right across the street is the reason why everything is slowly starting to move in slow motion, why every bit of emotion is raggedly piling inside of him like meteor showers passing through the night sky. Taeyeon’s figure being too visible by the window, waiting, shifting her eyes by the door every time she hears the bells ding, is enough for him to stop, take a step backwards and put upon in his options to just turn back and run away.

He was afraid and he only blames himself for feeling this way.

But he can’t. He won’t. Not now. Not when he had been waiting for this moment to happen all his life. Not when finally, he can make everything right. Not when he has the chance to get her back.

Baekhyun clenches his fist. And feeling the pain of fingernails digging onto his skin, he manages to gather any amount of courage that is left within him to put his feet down for one more step.

-

The doors dinged open. And one step inside that doorway, memories of them happily being together flashed in every corner of the room. It made him stop in his tracks for once more. Everywhere he looks, every single thing looks nostalgic in his eyes. It was Taeyeon laughingly doing this and him teasingly smiling back. Everything…Everything seemed like they only happened yesterday.

But those yesterdays…were long gone. Yet he wishes them back.

Happy Delights is where most of their time was spent. For Baekhyun and Taeyeon, this was their haven. This was where they talked about their plans for the future, their dreams and their sweet simple nothings over a sip of aromatic caffeine with a delightful fragrance hovering under their noses.

He misses those times, too.

This is where he brought Angela in hopes of maybe she can make him relive what was precious back then.

Except, no one, can dare compare. Taeyeon was everything for him. And now, as he looks directly into her eyes, as she did the same across from where he stands, he contemplates if she still feels the same. If, just like him, does she still remembers all that had happened inside this four walled café.

Baekhyun shrugs the other thoughts. It’s probably just him and his wishful thinking.

Walking to her spot was the easiest task, though what first word to say was the hardest. In all that short time, they were only averting their gazes. The short gap was filled with wordless awkwardness that no one dared to cease, not until Taeyeon gestured him to take a seat.