Ch. 25 : Sleep over + Snow Globe = Just like a Christmas Day

A/N: Merry Christmas~

______________________

Slowly the night drifts along as the cold wind billows. For the first time, after a very long one, Angela found peace once again behind the warmth of someone else's back, aside from her Dad's. She asked not why, instead, she chose to take into her heart those unspoken words his own throbbed.

Lean. Forward.

Trust. Me. 

Those flickering nightlights in the avenue certainly transformed the place differently from the neighborhood that was once there under the streams of broad daylight. Everything was just plain breath-taking. One look, though swift, it was enough to be mesmerized and fall under their colorful spells.

-

Meanwhile…

"Brrrr...Whe-when do you think she'll come?" Chanyeol shivered, arms crossed with his hands tucked warmly under his pits. Baekhyun stayed wordless, hushed as his settling eyes dazed on the hundred stars.

"They look different." He cooed with misty breath, to which Chanyeol only stared, eyes questioning, befuddled upon his best friend’s perused actions.

Chanyeol had already said a lot, diverting his thoughts upon the coldness of that night to which they basked. From silly jokes to the plain and simple lame stuffs he found under the covers of his mattress that morning, there was not a breath spared from all the words that came out of him. Incomprehensible talks to which Baekhyun only responded with a short chortle, a nod, a punch in the arm or when energy exceeds the minimum, nothing...

This did not escape the other's deductive eyes. He wasn't like this, Chanyeol pondered within, thinking when this bothered-look came and started, a few days ago, perhaps. Yet, asking him would only be a bother. Baekhyun, in time, would speak what's on his mind and he knows it very well. All he needs to do was wait and let him know that he will always be there for him no matter what.

"Why don't we wait inside Baek?" Holding the still dazing Baekhyun with his right hand, pulling him towards the cozy hearth. Baekhyun did as he was told, like a white puppy obediently walking by his master's side, gripped in his right, a box wrapped in a traditional Christmas-y way.

-

Soon, from the outside, they heard a familiar motor revved and in an instant, it was gone. Feeling better, the two mischievous lot scampered to a place where they could hide, awaiting for the door to be unlatched and bestow upon them an unsuspecting Angela.

Angela, who was on the normal side of brain, thought it was rather strange for the door to be left unlocked by her mom. It was a first after all. She stepped inside the dark and felt yet another creepy sensation tingling at the back of her spine, as if there was or were eyes pinned into her. Frightened, Angela hurriedly searched for the switch, in hopes that some light would help her feel a lot better. 

Inches away from the dark-hidden light contraption, Angela noticed some small movements at the back, chorusing in unison small creepy laughter. She was practically screaming at the top of her lungs inside her head, droplets of cold sweat rolled non-stop and her tightly gripping hands that held her bag was ready at any time to smack anything or anyone suspicious that comes in sight.

By the time her fingers flicked on the switch the light burst, and comes to her, a bright welcoming surprise behind the couch. "Welcome Home, Angelaaa~!"

The startled Angela couldn't help but feel relieved for a second, like a thorn had been plucked out of her system. Then the next came, "Ho-how did you two??" She stuttered in between her surprised what-the-heck look.