Ch. 42 : Someone Who Understands

A/N: D-6 UD.

_________________________________________

The late night signals the lights in the city to play more, glow more in everyone’s eyes. There’s blue, green, yellow, red and all sorts more. Juniel sees how each one flickers along with the seconds, along with the fast cars in the still busy streets as she aimlessly walks with misty eyes and heavy breaths, except it wasn’t helping her that much. The questions popping in Juniel’s mind only sends her in a corner where the tears are heavier and the pain is more unbearable to weigh.

…Who gave them permission to play with other people’s hearts? Juniel asks, seeking an answer that would lessen the hate.

But having gone through this situation once never helped one bit, it just reminded her of everything. How it hurts and how she feels like some kind of toy tossed onto him just because he knows he could play with her, with them.

When did the lying stop?

When did the truth started?

What were the lies?

Which ones were sincere?

How will I know that it’s not some game anymore?

Juniel continues with the questions that don’t seem to end. And with all that pre-occupying her mind, she turns to realize that her feet had stop from taking their small steps and that she’s already standing in a front of a familiar park. No one was there. It was quiet and it was the last place Juniel could go. So she settled to sit on the steel swing, her eyes only connected to the ground until the first tear releases itself from hanging on. Two more comes to follow after the first, and from then on, it’s just her soft tears and her soft sobs sadly echoing in the silence.

“Uhm…excuse me, are you hurt?” Someone with a gentle voice made her to stop; abruptly fixing herself as the embarrassment evidently shows on her cheeks. But despite the effort, Juniel’s tears just keeps on flowing.

Juniel saw him getting closer. She saw him taking more steps to where she is. It scared her at first but once the dim glows in the night shrouds him with light, the scared feeling fades away. His face looked like an angel in Juniel’s misty eyes, and his comforting smile only proves her right.

“Here,” He goes down on his knees once Juniel was in his reach, brushing off the tears that kept on falling on her face, and Juniel only blushes because of his warm hands, but the pain instantly comes to haunt her  back again.

One more second and he was already sitting on the vacant swing right beside her, silent, as if cueing her to continue on and think as if he wasn’t there but crying in front of a stranger was the least of the things that she wanted to do in her life, “I – I think I should go now…”