Chapter 1

~~ Stefan's POV:~~

"You just keep popping up, don't you?" Klaus mocked me, but I ignored it, my eyes trained on Alex who was calmly staring back at me. She had no emotions in her eyes, something must've changed her.

"How are you alive?" I asked I was still in shock clearly, she couldn't possibly be in front of me right now, this couldn't be my sister.

"I don't know, all I remember is dying then waking up next to Klaus on the forest floor" she shrugged and her icy eyes turned to Katherine who was staring at Alex like she was the most dangerous thing in the world "what's wrong Kat, scared of little ol' me?" Alex mocked Katherine who visibly tensed.

"She's not the only one" I mumbled, she hadn't questioned why I was here so that must mean she knew that I wanted to make a deal.

"Yes Stefan I know why you're here, " she said turning away from Katherine to look right at me "you're here to sell your soul to the metaphorical devil" she gestured at Klaus who grinned at her.

"Why, thank you, love," he said pulling her in for a kiss.

"Only the best compliments for you, my darling," she said back with a smile if I hadn't witnessed the horror he performed a few nights ago I would've that they were a loving couple, luckily I knew better.

"I need your help... For my brother" I said to Klaus as Alex, who had clearly lost interest in everyone in the room, walked over to Katherine to silently torture her.

"Well, whatever it is, he's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention" Klaus said looking at Elijah who was smiling at Alex who had waltzed over to him with a bottle of alcohol she had taken from Katherine.

"You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here" he looked at me then looked back at Alex "My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own" I nodded, I understood but I still didn't like the fact the he betrayed us.

"And so we shall," Alex said suddenly behind Elijah, she shoved the dagger she was holding into his heart and I watched as she looked at me and grinned, how she survived daggering Elijah I will never know but somehow she did. Elijah fell to the ground and Klaus chuckled.

"Now, what am I gonna do with you?" Klaus pushed me against the wall on the other side of the room and shoved a stake into my chest and it scraped against my heart, Alex didn't move, she just blinked and watched from the sidelines.

"Do you feel that?" Klaus whispered into my ear, the pain in my chest was unbearable and I understood how Alex felt when she had died... if she had even died in the first place "It's scraping against your heart. The slightest little movement and you're dead" he moved me into the middle of the room where Alex was standing and Katherine came to peak around the corner to watch what happened.

"He's just trying to help his brother" Katherine spoke up which made Alex's head snap to her direction and smirk menacingly at her, I could tell even in my pain, that Alex was planning something evil against Katherine and I think Katherine knew because she shrank away.

"The witches said you had a cure. Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want" I looked at Klaus with pleading eyes and then at Alex who made a noise to say she wanted him to make a deal with me, Klaus pulled the stake out of me and let me drop to the ground, he went to pour him and Alex a glass of blood each.

"Trouble is I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now" he murmured as he walked over to Alex and handed her the glass, he came to squat in front of me "You are just shy of useless" he took a swig of the blood and the smell of it wafted towards me. "I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the waggon for decades" he took another swig "When he was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went into Monterey and wiped out an entire migrant village... A true ripper. Sound familiar?" he asked slowly.

"I haven't been that way in a very long time" I grunted out, Alex put her hand on his shoulder and shook her head, she might've just come back but she didn't like to see me hurt... good to know.

"Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town" Klaus said and Alex cleared her throat like she took offense to him liking me more, he got up and kissed her firmly "you'll be with us of course love" he winked and she giggled as I stood up, it took me a little bit of energy "Katerina, come here" he said as he let Alex go Katherine gingerly walked up to his side, he snatched her hand up and bit her arm.

A werewolf bite now sat on the inside of Katherine's arm and she started to scratch at it like that would do anything to get rid of it "Aah! Aah! No. No... No. No. No" she shook her head and he bit his arm and shoved it into her mouth, feeding Katherine his blood, her wound completely healed.

"You want your cure?" Alex asked with a grin, she was loving seeing Katherine in a panic like that "There it is" she gestured to Klaus and giggled at me.

"Your blood is the cure," I said to Klaus who just smirked at me and shrugged.

"Gotta love Mother Nature" he grabbed me by the shoulder and looked me right in the eye as Katherine stumbled away from Alex who stepped a little too close to her "Now... Let's talk, you and I" my gaze was brought back to Klaus' face and my gut told me I was doing the wrong thing making a deal with him.

______________________

YAY sequel!!

I hope you all enjoyed this update, didn't take me long at all considering I started this morning... (Australian Time) But I'm going to enjoy doing this book 😊

~~ Katt xx