Chapter 33

~~ The Grill ~~

Klaus, Kol and I walked into the Grill together and headed to the bar, I listened in to Ric's conversation with his new girlfriend as we went towards them "Wait. You think the killer's a... vampire?" his girlfriend looked over his shoulder at us and narrowed her eyes.

"There no other suspects. It's the obvious conclusion" she whispered to him, obviously their conversation was supposed to stay between them.

"Ah, come on now. Let's not go blaming the new family in town just 'cause you lot have got yourselves a killer at large" Klaus said wrapping an arm around my waist as Ric turned to look at us, his eyes went to me and he smiled at me, good to know he wasn't freaked out that I'd died and came back.

"Don't mind us," I told them with my best human smile on my face "My husband, his brother and I are just here to let off some steam" I put my hands up in surrender to the human women who was staring daggers at me "Right, boys?" I looked between Kol and Klaus, who nodded.

"Right" Kol commented looking right at the human women, his face showed exactly what he wanted to do to her, none of it was nice, obviously Ric and his companion caught the look her was sending because they looked at him like he was going to pounce on them at any given moment.

~~~ Boarding House ~~~

~~ Damon's POV: ~~

I stood in my living room and stared at Elijah as he lounged on one of the chairs, he didn't move, didn't blink but I watched him like he was a pit viper, the front door opened and for a moment I hoped it was Alex who would pull her brother in law away from here, sadly I was mistaken because Stefan spoke up "Can't find her anywhere" he said talking about Elena who'd disappeared, which turned out to be Elijah's doing.

"Hello, Stefan," Elijah said quietly with a small smirk on his face, he had one leg crossed over the other and his fingers were drumming on the arm rests.

"He has Elena," I said as I continued to stare at Elijah, Stefan did the same thing when he came to stand next to me.

"Actually she's with Rebekah," he said the smirk increased "As you can imagine, my sister's just dying to tear her throat out" he went back to being serious "So if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother"

"I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but when it comes to killing thousand-year-old resurrected witches, I'm a little rusty" I was still hoping that Alex would come storming into the Boarding house in her usual manner.

"Yes, unfortunately even when killed, my mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead. Not with the spirits of nature at her side" I watched as Stefan stepped closer to Elijah.

"So what are we supposed to do?" Stefan asked crossing his arms, for a person who said he didn't care about Elena he really wants to help out.

"The witches that released my mother, she's drawing her power from their bloodline. That line needs to be broken" Elijah explained he stopped drumming his fingers.

"Broken?" Stefan asked as I moved forwards and stood next to him.

"Yeah, he means..." I drew a line across my neck slowly to show him that Elijah wanted us to kill either Bonnie or her mother, Stefan's eyes widened.

"You want us to kill them?" Stefan asked the Original who had once helped us.

"You know I'd do it myself, but I've absolutely no idea where they are. Besides, seeing me, they'd immediately know my intent. They won't expect to be harmed by the likes of you" he stood up and fixed his dress shirt "In any case, you have until 6 minutes after 9:00 to find them" Elijah replied.