Chapter 24

"Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?" Elijah asked politely making Klaus snicker and Stefan glare and hunch in his seat more than before.

"I don't know. Ask Damon." Stefan said sourly making Elijah and I look at each other with wide eyes, Klaus' snickers turned into loud laughs, I looked at him and Elijah raised his hands and I just shrugged "I'm sorry, you've missed so much. Uh- trouble in paradise"

"One more word about Elena and this dinner's over," Stefan said sounding like a little kid who was trying to intimidate an adult, which made me join in with Klaus, Stefan glared at me with hate making me laugh even harder.

"You know what, probably best just to keep Elena in the do not discuss pile," Damon said as I sobered but not before Stefan sent me death glares from his seat, his glare did nothing to make me stop though because Klaus and I were still laughing silently.

"You're probably right," I said gulping down Klaus' blood, just as I put the glass down the compelled human came and pour me another glass "thank you," I said drinking a sip.

"Yeah," Damon said sending me a disapproving look, which in return I smiled back at him.

"It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?" Klaus said to Elijah, it was my turn to tense up, even though I'd never met the women, I hated her for everything she did to Klaus.

"Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?" Elijah said pointedly, his eyes trained on me as I grabbed the closest girl and began to drink from her by this point everyone's eyes were on me.

"Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line," Klaus said pulling my chair closer to his, he touched my hair and nuzzled my neck, making me let go of the girl.

"Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please, do tell" Damon said taking a sip of his wine as he watched Klaus pull me from my chair and curled me up on his lap, I did nothing to stop Klaus.

"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia, she was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus" Elijah said putting a hand on my arm making me look at him and smile sweetly, she'd done a number on both Elijah and Nik, but Elijah was more hurt than anyone.

"I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much" Klaus said making me sit up and grab my scotch glass and another girl instantly filled my glass.

"Wait a minute, so you both loved the same girl?" Stefan asked before looking at me with a mean smirk "How do you feel about this Alex?" my eyes narrowed at my brother.

"How do you feel about Elena?" I replied it was Stefan's turn to tense back up "yeah don't play this game with me, Steffy, I know more about you than you do about me, the 90's were a good look," I said with a laugh as he muttered under his breath about me being a bitch "besides Nik and I both have ex's. Continue your story Elijah, it'll be a good learning experience for them, perhaps they'll see what they're doing again"

"Okay, our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and so she took her. Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires. Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for a time Niklaus and I... grew estranged. Harsh words were traded, we even came to blows, didn't we, brother?" he looked at my brothers to Klaus who smiled.

"But in the end, we realised the sacred bond of family," Klaus said snagging my scotch from my hand he took a sip and handed it back to me with a smile and a kiss.

"Family above all," Elijah said lifting his glass to meet mine and Klaus' glasses that we both held up.

"Family above all" I said with smile, to my brothers, Damon was the only one who replied to my smile.

"Family above all" Klaus said kissing my neck as the three clinked our glasses together, while Stefan and Damon shared a look.