Chapter 49

I stood in front of Klaus as he guided my hand across the canvas, he said that he would teach me to paint but I didn't think that this was what he meant when he said it, every time I tried to do my own thing his lips would brush against my neck and he'd bite down just enough to cause me to shiver, so I made sure to do that a lot, I heard the front door slam and Rebekah entered the room, she seemed different, ever since Esther died in her arms Rebekah had become distant and almost unrecognisable.

"What took you so long?" Klaus asked as he bit my neck in retaliation for getting paint on his hand, I looked at him with an innocent face and smiled when his lips connected with mine, he was so easy to annoy.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily I'm quite the charmer" she pulled the stake out from behind her back and showed us, Klaus let go of me and I stepped forward and grabbed the stake carefully.

"That's it?" I asked handing it to Klaus who came up behind me and wrapped one arm around my waist, he twirled the stake between his fingers, like it was nothing more than a toothpick.

"Last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honours, or shall I?" she held out her hand but he shook his head and threw it onto the fire that was lit behind us "Well, that's that, then" she said with a distant smile that wasn't very Rebekah like.

"Pack your bags," Klaus told her "We're leaving" he walked back over to me and kissed my forehead gently, he knew that I wanted to leave this one pony town, he also knew if we didn't I was going to kill some people.

"Today?" Rebekah asked like she couldn't believe that he was saying that, but she knew that our plan all along was to find out why he couldn't make hybrids, make some and then leave town for good but then my brothers got involved and here we were months later still in this dumb town.

"Why not?" I asked with a shrug "There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelganger and be off by sunset" I looked at Klaus who nodded and winked at me, as soon as I got my hands on that Doppelganger I was going to compel her to keep her mouth closed, her voice would give me a headache if I didn't.

"But tonight's the decade dance" Rebekah whined, I sighed and shook my head, remembering the thing that she kept going on and on about while her family was here, she said something about it being 1920's themed which made me want to laugh, kids these days wouldn't understand the risk and thrill of the real 20's, the guns, the fashion, the rebellion, everything about that time was new and exciting, now all they knew about it was what the history books told them.

"So?" Klaus asked pulled my back to our painting, I say our painting but it was more like his painting seeing as all I was doing was holding the brush and annoying him every once and a while.

"So I'm head of the committee. We have to go" she insisted like she was the one holding the event and not the school, I suppose she felt like it was her baby the way that she went on about it, she was excited but not as excited as I was about leaving here.

"I'm not going to any dance" Klaus scoffed at his sister who whined audibly, I hated it when she made that sound, it was like tires screeching on a hot road, it made my ears want to bleed.

"Alex will be there," she said, I looked at her and glared when she shot me her pleading look, why she made that face was beyond me, she knew it wouldn't work

"That look means nothing to me" I stated, looking back at the canvas that was now looking better than it had in the beginning, patterns of colours swirled and joined, making looked like someone had spilt a liquid kaleidoscope onto the thick material.

"Please? I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me" She pleaded with a pout on her face, I caught that look in her eyes and I knew that she had Klaus, hook, line and sinker, he leant his head on my shoulder blade and kissed it gently.

"Ok, fine. One last hurrah" Klaus said with a smile, I looked at both of them and sighed deeply, looked like I would need to go get ready then because hair and makeup do not do themselves.

"One last hurrah, Nik" she replied, returning his smile, but there was something in her eyes that made me think she was up to something worse than planning a high school dance, and I could tell it was going to be something that I didn't like.

________________________________________________________

Hey, guys, I thought I'd get this out before I collapsed into a ball of exhaustion, Why am I exhausted you ask? Well, my brother got married on the weekend and I had to go to his wedding, fun times. The picture below is of my brother and his new wife.... look how happy he is 😍 and the picture after that is of my brother and brother in law.... Don't ask I don't know why it was just funny.

 Don't ask I don't know why it was just funny

Anyway, enough about my family

Anyway, enough about my family. I also realised that the first book in this series has almost reached 300k.... WOW just wow, guys thank you so much, seriously it means a lot to me that you all love it this much and I don't think I can thank you enough.

Stay Sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎