Chapter 8

Hey guys, Filler chapter this week, next week I promise will be the better of the updates, to make it up to you guys I'll probably update on Wednesday to make it up to for the shitty update.

~~ Katt xx

_________________________________

~~ 1863 ~~ Third Persons POV:

It was Stefan's birthday and Alexandra and Damon were planning something big, Alex had already stolen the makings of a cake and Damon had taken a bottle of wine from their father's cellar. Stefan, of course, didn't know that they were planning to bring him the cake and wine before he went to bed, Giuseppe had told Alex that if he caught her celebrating he'd make her life hell, but Alex never cared for the threat her father used all too often.

Ducking past the maids and servants Alex hitched her skirts higher up her leg and sprinted up the stairs, she had worked all morning on Stefan's cake and now that it was ready there was no way in hell she'd let her father see what she was doing, she knew in her heart that no matter how her father acted towards her and her brothers that he hated them because they reminded him of their mother who had died on this day, giving birth to Stefan.

Alex couldn't bring herself to hate Stefan, there was no way she could honestly look at him and swear that she did, she loved both her brothers, no matter what they did she loved them and she knew that even if she chose to marry a terrible person they'd love her. It was their agreement when they were children on Damon's 10th birthday that no matter what happened or where they went they'd find each other and help one another out.

Placing the cake on her dressing table that held all her nic nacks, she glanced at the dress her personal maid had laid out and smiled, forest green, just like Stefan's eyes, the dress had little butterflies embroidered on it, it had to be one of her favourites.

A knock sounded on the door and Damon walked in with Marcia, Alex's maid, trailing behind her "good evening dear sister" Damon said with a cheeky wink and smirk.

"Brother" Alex replied "have you got everything for tonight?" Marcia knew what they were planning and she was in on it in fact the cake was her idea.

"Of course" Damon said grinning with a nod as Alex walked behind her screen and got dressed with the help if Marcia.

After their walk in the gardens Damon escorted Alex into the dining and stopped when they saw a red faced Giuseppe and a horrified Stefan "you think that just because you go begin my back with this that I will allow it, I will find out, I always find out" Giuseppe slammed his hand on the table and grabbed the beautifully decorated birthday cake Alex had made, he threw it across the room, the cream splattered across Alex's dress as it hit the wall next to her.

"Father please" Alex reasoned "Stefan didn't know and neither did Damon, it was all me, I made the cake and was planning to share it with them after dinner" she looked at the splattered remains of the cake and sighed deeply "I just wanted to do something nice" her eyes started to tear up and she moved out of the room with Stefan and Damon following.

She'd left Giuseppe speechless, usually when she stepped in to stop him yelling she wouldn't do it the way her mother would, Lillian always quietly told him that he was being an ass or she would tell him that it was her fault even though he knew it wasn't. Giuseppe sighed and sat down at his dinner plate and stared at the empty chairs around him, what he didn't know was that soon none of the Salvatore's would sit at this table