Chapter 27

I crouched next to Klaus and held onto him as Kol circled us both, he had a nasty grin on his face, if Klaus hadn't been holding me so tightly I would've smack that smile off his brother's face but sadly I couldn't get out of his hold.

"I like what you've done with the new place, Nik," Bekah said as she picked up a vase that held some flowers and threw it across the room, shattering it into a million pieces, knocking a painting down at the same time.

"Bekah, Jesus, take it easy," I said flicking a leaf from Klaus's hair.

"I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could all call home. A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again" Klaus told her wearily, he loved his siblings but he just didn't know hot to show it thanks to Mikael constantly putting him down.

"Well you're right, none of us will be," Elijah said grabbing me from Klaus' hold, he pulled me to him and didn't blink when Klaus and I growled at him "Alex will be coming with us"

"You're staying behind," Finn said taking a sip of his wine that he'd gotten from Kol, we all moved towards the door, well they did I struggled against Elijah's hold.

"We're leaving you, Nik. Right after I kill that doppelgänger wench, then you will be alone" Rebekah said "Always and forever" she lifted her chin up and smiled slightly.

"If you run, I will hunt all of you down," he looked me in the eyes "I'll hunt you all till the end of the earth and get her back"

"Then you'll become everything you hate. Our father" Elijah's grip tightened "Alex will be safe with me, you come after us and I'll dagger her and hide her in a place you'll never find" I looked at Elijah sharply and stomped on his foot.

"I'm the hybrid! I can't be killed! I have nothing to fear from any of you," Klaus' mouth said this but in his eyes he was worried, he didn't like the idea of Elijah taking me away.

"You will when we have that coffin," Elijah said back, we all heard the door open and turned to see who came into the house, a woman in a long dress stepped in and the room went cold and silent, she must be Esther.

"Mother?" Rebekah asked, in the shock Elijah let go of my arm and I slipped back into Klaus' arms, Esther moved towards us and Klaus, on instinct, pushed me behind him and watched his mother slowly walk towards us, Klaus bowed his head in submission and I fought the urge to do the same.

"Look at me!" she commanded, Klaus slowly raised his head and met her eyes "Do you know why I'm here?" she asked him, I touched his hands and he squeezed my hands back, I knew he was crying, I could tell from the looks Bekah was shooting me.

"You're here to kill me," Klaus said, I moved forward slightly but he pushed me back slightly and held my hands captive, if she made a move on him I'd kill her, even if Elijah and Bekah hated me, I'd do it for Nik.

"Niklaus, you are my son and I am here to forgive you," she turned to the rest of us "I want us to be a family again" her eyes met mine and my instincts told me this was a dangerous woman, and she wasn't telling the whole truth.

________________________________

Hey, guys, I got the internet again!!!! YAY!!!

I didn't think I'd survive but I did.

Stay Sweet 🍬

~~ Katt xx ❤︎