Chapter 39

"So he doesn't want to drink human blood?" Rebekah asked as all four of us walked out the said door of the Grill, we were following Stefan closely just in case he lost his shit and killed someone.

"Ah, he has an eternally guilty conscience," Damon said as he linked his arm with mine and we both watched in amusement as our brother stomped his way around the corner into the parking lot.

"Funny. When I knew him in the twenties, he didn't have any conscience at all. It's one of the things I liked most about him. He can't possibly think he can survive without feeding" Rebekah replied, she was a little cranky that Damon wanted to walk next to me and not her, he shoved me in between them the moment we left the Grill

"Oh, on the contrary," I said to her "He's determined to live his life pursuing one extreme or the other. He's a stubborn one, my brother," we rounded the corner "Think I'm gonna need some help with this one" I nodded over to a woman who was getting out of her car.

"What can I do?" Rebekah asked me as Damon flashed over tot eh woman who was looking through her handbag.

"I want you to do what we used to do in the 1870's" I looked at my sister in law and we both smirked, "feed to prove a point"

"Hello," Damon said with his usual smirk, that smirk got him into more woman's panties than any other flirty move I've seen done.

"Hi" she smiled back, not even a little freaked out at how close he was to her, or the fact that I was walking up behind Damon.

"This may seem very forward, but you're just so pretty," Damon said looking her up and down, making her blush crimson, I rolled my eyes, I was done with his little flirty business

"Thank you," she said flipping her hair over her shoulder, exposing her neck to me.

"Please don't scream. You're about to have a very, very bad night" I said compelling her before I bite into her neck harshly, taking a sip of blood before I was ripped away from the woman, Damon caught me and Rebekah caught the lady.

"Sorry, brother. It's dinnertime. Have a bite" Damon said keeping me steady as Rebekah held the swaying women and smirked at me, this was bringing me back to my own blood filled days, and it was making me hungry again.

"What are you doing?" Stefan growled at us but he kept his eyes on the woman who was bleeding slowly from her neck.

"Tough love, Stefan. You're not gonna survive this cold-Turkey thing. You never do. It's time to get that monkey off your back" I said to him with a smirk, this was my version of tough love and it worked.

"No," Stefan said shaking off the hand I put on his shoulder as I walked past him, I stood just behind Rebekah and smirked at Damon, this was probably his first time seeing me this bloodthirsty and I was pretty sure he was finding it entertaining.

"Feed... Or we'll let Rebekah have her way with her. You know she'll kill her" I said touching the woman's neck lightly, I brought my fingers to my lips and licked the blood off, it wasn't what I wanted to eat tonight, I was hoping for something rarer, that came in a hot British bottle, but I was going to have to wait for when I get home to feed on Klaus, I don't think he cared, with a number of times he gets off on my drinking habits.

"Oh, I will" Rebekah agreed with me, making me shake out of my thoughts and concentrate on what was happening.

"Then her blood'll be on your hands," Damon told Stefan as he also came over to us "Or you can just have a little drink, save her life. Come on, Stefan. You were the one that said you didn't want any more innocent life slaughtered" Damon egged him on, I walked over to Stefan and whispered into his ear, I wanted this night to be over already.

"Save her. Go on. Have a bite. I snatched. You eat. I erase. Hell, I'll even heal her for you when it's over" Stefan shoved me away slightly, he didn't even try to move me, which meant his other side was coming out.

"Why are you doing this? You know what blood does to me" he looked at Damon and me with disgusted eyes, he wasn't disgusted with us, he was disgusted with himself.

"'Cause you let it control you. You always have. I'm just here to help you learn how to fight it" Damon said matter of factly.

"This is rubbish" Rebekah muttered, she went to bite into the girl's neck but was stopped when Stefan grabbed the girl out of her arms, she stared at her neck for a second and bit into it with a moan.

"We got it from here. Go ahead" Damon said to Rebekah who looked at us, she was insulted that we were dismissing her so quickly, she didn't even get her answers.

"Night's just getting started," Rebekah said trying to reason with him, Damon was stubborn, like me, so trying to make him do something he didn't want to do is pointless.

"Scram. No one likes a lurker" Damon dismissed her again as both our eyes watched Stefan, to make sure he wasn't overdoing it.

"You both are real asses, you know" she huffed, she turned away from us and walked off.

"So I'm told," Damon said, knowing she would hear him, he glanced at me and I shrugged, I had to agree with her, he is an ass "All right, that's enough," Damon said turning his attention back to Stefan who was still feeding.

"Come on. You're gonna bleed her dry," I whacked Stefan's head but he didn't stop feeding "You're gonna drain her. Come on. I said that's enough" I pulled Stefan off the girl, Stefan apparently didn't like that because he went to fight me "Hey, you wanna fight hunger, or you wanna fight me? 'Cause I will kick your ass" I opened my arms as an invitation that he sadly didn't take me up on, sighing I bit my wrist and feed the now unconscious woman my blood, I laid her on the ground and stood to my full height.

"What are you doing?" a voice asked, I looked down the other end of the parking lot and saw Elena and Matt watching us with fear in their eyes, Elena's eyes looked at Stefan and saw that he was covered in blood, her eyes then turned to me and she glared hatefully which caused me to smirk.

"Stefan," she said clinging to Matt for support who looked like he was about to pass out.

"Elena" Stefan said wiping his face with the sleeve of his jacket.

"What are you two doing to him?" she shouted at us, it was like she didn't even know what normal vampires did on a Friday night.

"Relax, Elena. Just a little experiment" I shrugged when her hate filled gaze intensified, oh what was the Doppelganger gonna do to me? Whine at me until I did what she wanted? That wasn't going to happen, ever" There's no need to make this more dramatic than it needs to be" I said gesturing my hands like I was making a bridge for her to us to get over herself. Matt caught her before she could step forward and hit me like that was going to happen.

"Elena, let's just go. Elena!" Matt pulled a reluctant Elena out of the parking lot and towards his car.

"So... That's gonna take a little time," Damon said matter of factly as Stefan went to leave in the opposite direction of the Doppelganger.

"Stefan. Wait." I called after him, I didn't mean it, I wanted to go as much as he did, my bed and husband were calling me.

"Hey. Stefan, wait" Damon shouted after him as well but Stefan didn't stop or look back.

______________________________________________

Hey, guys, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I know I did, this took me an hour to write. which I'm more hten happy with 😄

Stay Sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎