Chapter 41

Damn weaved my arm through his and we walked towards the townspeople that were gathered having snacks and drinks from a table that was placed in the middle of the road. I noticed Rebekah standing close by talking to Carol Lockwood.

"Rebekah's up to something," Damon said to Ric, Meredith and me as my sister saw me and waved "She's been snooping around in places she shouldn't be" he looked at me making me turn to him with a raised eyes brow "you wouldn't know anything about that, would you sister?" I laughed and kissed Damon's cheek.

"You're too suspicious" I patted his cheek and looked across the bridge to Steven's Quarry where I died not too long ago, Damon must've seen my change of face because his arms wrapped around my waist and he held me tight.

"Tell me again, why are we here?" Ric spoke up, he was anxious because we just worked out that his ring that brought him back to life was chipping away at his mind and making him a fugue state killer, he killed two people so far which was awesome.

"Ric, the world can't stop just because you're an accidental psycho killer" I joked making Damon laugh and kiss my forehead.

"Do you have any tact whatsoever?" Meredith growled at me, I rolled my eyes and looked over my shoulder at Carol who was making her way over to us.

"Alaric! I'm glad you're here. Did you bring the sign? The restored wickery bridge sign. The history department promised me you would have it today" she explained what it was as Alaric went from confused to understanding in a second, he was a little busy being a killer and all.

"No, I don't have the sign, actually. It slipped... slipped my mind. I've been... Busy" he stuttered as I covered my laugh with a cough, everyone looked at me, I forgot they knew I was dead.

"Well, it's not an emergency. We'll just, um, unveil it when the bridge is complete" she patted me on the back and left us, I spotted the last redhead I ever wanted to see and Damon followed my gaze as Sage herself lifted her hand and wiggled her fingers at me.

"Get me out of here" Ric mumbled to Meredith quietly.

"My pleasure" She replied, they were completely oblivious to the fact that I got tense and Damon, well Damon was smirking at Sage.

"I'm going to stick around for a bit," Damon told the two humans with us, catching Ric's attention finally.

"Who is that?" he asked his eyes trained on Sage, I shifted from foot to foot.

"Blast from the past" I muttered bitterly as Damon dragged me through the crowd as Carol began her speech.

"Wickery bridge was built last century with the expansion of Mystic Falls. As you can see construction has begun replacing the original wooden support structure to meet modern safety standards. And, our beautification phase will begin in the spring, so give yourselves a hand" People politely clapped and Damona nd I met with Sage.

"Damon Salvatore. My favourite student," she flirted with my brother and I just glared at her, my hatred could not be contained "and Alexandra Mikaelson. Shouldn't you be dead by now, you are married to a ruthless killer" I shrugged, stepped forward and touched her shoulder lightly with a nasty grin.

"I've already died twice, now that ruthless killer has made it so I can't die ever again" I smirked harder as her face went from confused to disbelief, yeah that's right you can't kill me now, bitch.

"Sage, my hottest teacher" Damon said ignoring our little conversation.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, all I wanted to do was get away from her, but aparently Damon wasn't going to let me because he held me close to his body.

"I'm just passing through" she sneered back at me making me grin, she wasn't scary even when she was trying to be.

"Oh, come on. No one just passes through Mystic Falls" Damon said, Rebekah must've seen us with Sage because she came and joined us.

"Look what the cat dragged in," Bekah said, getting me out of Damon's hold easily.

"Easy there, Rebekah. You know she used to beat men for sport" Damon told her and Sage just smirked if Sage thought she could take Bekah in a fight she was severely wrong.

"She always was quite common" Beks commented making me laugh, this was going to be a quick insulting conversation between them so I just sat back and watched.

"Rebekah. What a happy surprise" Sage said, her voice sugary sweet, it made me shudder.

"What are you doing here, Sage?" Rebekah asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, I heard Finn was finally freed from that casket your rageaholic brother Klaus carted him around in" Sage's eyes met mine and I grinned at her, one of Klaus' better ideas to be honest.

"Oh, Finn. You just missed him. He left town and didn't tell us where he was going" Rebekah shrugged and I rolled my eyes, even after 900 years Sage was still infatuated with Finn, people call me a groupie, I was nowhere near as bad as Sage.

"Oh. He probably went looking for me" Sage said nonchalantly, I wanted to hurt her more so I spoke before Rebekah did.

"He ran as far away from here because he knew you were on your way" Rebekah high fived me and grinned nastily at Sage.

"Quite possibly, he's forgotten all about you" Bekah mumbled making me laugh harder, I leant into Bekah's shoulder and smiled at my brother.

"I doubt that," Sage said, she couldn't be that good, although Finn's been in a box for 900 years so he'd be hard up for anything.

"Oh? Because he didn't seem to mention you," I said tucking Rebekah's hand into the crook of my arm "Sorry, you came all this way for nothing. Have a nice life" I waved at her and walked away and headed home, I couldn't stand being in her presence for much longer, I would kill her if I stayed a second more.

____________________________________________________

Hey, guys, next chapter will be of Alex and Klaus looking for Finn.... that's going to be fun.

Song at the top was actually in the show, it's called Country Lane by Telekinesis. Such a good song.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I'll see you next week.

Stay sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎