Chapter 21

~~ One Month later ~~

I woke with a gasp and touched the place where Klaus had stabbed me with a dagger, for a moment I stared at the satin lining of the coffin I was in before I flung the lid open and climbed out, I didn't know how long I'd been in there for but when I get my hands on Niklaus he is a dead man.

"What business?" I heard a Hybrid say before I put my fist through his chest and ripped out his heart as Elijah got out of his coffin and came to stand next to me, whoever undaggered me must've done the same to Eli.

"So, Niklaus..." I said making him turn around as the Hybrid dropped to the ground next to his heart.

"Elijah? Alex?" he looked between the two of us and stepped back slightly, the look on my face must've freaked him out.

"What did we miss?" Eli asked my no good husband "You look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?" Eli handed me a handkerchief so I could wipe off the Hybrid's blood from my hand.

"You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?" he turned away from us both and I didn't hesitate for a second when as I pushed him through the window of the door he was going to walk, though.

"Easy. I just finished renovating," he growled as I pinned him to the ground and began to punch him with quick concession, making him cough up blood because of all the bones I was breaking with my hits.

"'Easy' that's all you have to say, you daggered me for protecting my brother, you asshole, you promised you'd never do that and you did" I went to stab him with a shard of glass when Elijah called my name, I stopped and looked at my husband as he just laid on the ground under me, he didn't bother to even struggle.

"You know you have every right to be mad at me," he said to he slowly reached up to touch my face, I got off him before his hand could touch my face "I kept my word, I reunited you with our family" he said to Elijah who decided it was his turn to attack Niklaus, who quickly got the upper hand and slammed Eli into a coffee table.

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!" Klaus shouted as he said as he defended himself with a dagger he pulled from Kol's chest, as Elijah stood from his spot on the floor.

"Come on. Use it. I dare you" Elijah said as the veins started to leave Kol's finger's, making them twitch as he slowly came back to life.

"You'll have Kol to deal with, and me," I said as Klaus lowered the dagger and the hand that he was using to hold me away from him.

"Mikael is dead," Niklaus said letting me go fully, I was about to stalk over to Elijah's side but I stopped when he said registered.

"What did you say?" I asked looking at my husband fully for the first time since I woke up, he seemed more relaxed than he did before and that must've been thanks to Mikael's shadow no longer lingering over Klaus.

"I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone, Elijah. Forever" he looked from Eli to me and his eyes softened "Alex I was going to undagger you when I left to find Hybrid's but your brother said something about finding Mikael and waking him up and I couldn't risk losing you" I scoffed at him and made my way to Eli.

"Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century" Elijah asked as his eyes lingered on me, he didn't trust me thanks to me daggering him last time but I could tell he was slowly starting to like me again.

"Because of Stefan Salvatore," Klaus' eyes met mine as he spoke of my brother "He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me" I thought for a moment and realised what he was talking about, the one thing Klaus swore me to secrecy, the fact that he killed his mother in a fit of rage and blamed it on his father to keep face with his siblings.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he slowly put the dagger back into place in Kol's chest.

"Always and forever, I need you to stand by my side," he said to me with hope in his eyes "Be my brother," he said to Elijah who nudged me forward so we both were closer to Klaus "Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again" he promised both of us as he lowered the lid to Kol's coffin.

~~ Hours Later ~~

Elijah and I got out of Klaus' mortuary with the story that we both needed fresh air and I needed a stiff drink that was nowhere near Klaus or his Hybrid's who were hanging around like a bad smell waiting for Klaus to tell them to do something.

"Why are we out here?" I asked as we came to stop in a clearing just outside of Mystic Falls, I adjusted my blood red silk shirt I'd stolen from a Hybrid, who would no longer be needing it as she had no head to wear on her body and shielded my eyes from the harsh sun.

"Your brother wants to talk," Elijah said as Damon came up to us, while he was on his phone.

"Tea with an old friend," Damon said into the phone before hanging up on whoever it was that he was talking to "Elijah, my favourite original, back from the dead, and Alex, my one and only sister, you clean up nice" I rolled my eyes at my brother who just smirked and blew me a kiss before Elijah spoke.

"You left something, in my jacket pocket" Elijah pulled out a note, that had Damon's shitty handwriting on it.

"Oh, yeah. 'Dear Elijah, let's get together, plot the destruction of your brother, XOXO' "Damon said the words out loud as I read it.

"Damon," I said as I scrunched up the paper and threw it at my brother who gasped at my blatant disrespect to his wooing letter.

"Was I right to undagger you or are we gonna have a problem?" he looked at me and I smiled, he knew I'd be a problem anyway so he didn't bother asking me.

"I'm here, let's talk," Elijah said calmly like he was dealing with a child who could throw a tantrum at any second, I wasn't sure who was the child, though, me or Damon.

"I'll start with an easy question, any idea what kind of Klaus killing weapon could be magically sealed in a mystery coffin?" he asked with a smile and a small head tilt, Elijah and I knew the answer to that, we had no clue.

____________________________

Hey, guys, I know a lot of you are going to be like "What! Why did Klaus dagger Alex?" Well, he did it to teach her a lesson but didn't undagger her because Stefan took the coffins and Mikael turned up. he was telling the truth when he told her that.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter xx

Stay Sweet 🍬

~~ Katt xx ❤︎