Chapter 9

I sat on the log, casually drinking one of the many beers the pack had brought and watched as Klaus healed the human after he had killed all the werewolves in the clearing, it was entertaining if I do say so myself, Ray, on the other hand, was in shock, he couldn't believe that Klaus had killed all his friends.

"There. Good as new" Klaus said to the human who was now laying on the floor with blood smeared over his lips "Now you relax, ok, mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up" he tapped the human's face lightly and stood up, his right hand was covered in werewolf blood and his face was also painted with the red liquid.

"They're dead" Ray mumbled, drawing his legs up to his chest as he stared at his dead friends that were littered all around us "They're all dead" Stefan came and leant against the tree next to Ray and twiddled his fingers.

"Ah, he's through his transition," Klaus said his leg brushing against mine as he came to stand close to me and Ray "He should be feeling better soon" he smirked, which meant he was more than pleased with himself.

"So is this your master plan? Build an army of hybrid slaves?" Stefan asked as Ray began to shiver violently and gasp for air lightly.

"No, not slaves. Soldiers, comrades" Klaus gestured to me and smirked I rolled my eyes, he was planning to defeat any enemy that suddenly popped up.

"For what war, might I ask?" Stefan asked, his eyebrow raised and his eyes shouted that he was sceptical about this whole thing.

"Oh, you don't arm yourself after war has been declared, Stefan" I said standing next to Klaus who just smiled down at me sweetly, I might be a women but I know how wars worked, given I fought in most of the recent ones, that was until Klaus decided that it was too dangerous for me "You build your army so big that no one ever dares pick the fight" I was so close to Klaus that I slipped my hand into the back pocket of his jeans, it wasn't to tease him or anything, it was just to remind him that if he annoys me today his ass would get pinched.

"What makes you so sure that they'll be loyal?" Stefan asked us, ignoring the fact that Klaus jumped when my hand slid into his pocket, Klaus tensed and sent me a knowing look, okay maybe I did do it to tease him, sue me, I was bored.

"Well, it's not difficult to be loyal when you're on the winning team. That's something you'll learn once you shake that horribly depressive chip off your shoulder" Klaus said and Stefan chuckled.

"That's why you're, uh... you're keeping me around? To witness my attitude adjustment?" Stefan asked as I moved away from Klaus and knelt down to Ray's eye level, his gasps were getting louder, I stared into his eyes and watched as blood began to seep out of them slowly.

"You'll know why I'm keeping you around when I've decided that I want you to know" Klaus mumbled as he noticed it as well Klaus squatted down next to me and grabbed Ray's face lightly.

"Something's wrong" I mumbled, I knew pointing out the obvious was annoying but I didn't know what else to say, I'd never experienced this before.

"That shouldn't be happening, should it?" Stefan asked he knew it wasn't so he was just doing it to be annoying.

"Well, obviously" Klaus muttered with a deep sigh, he was irritated.

~~ 10 Minutes Later ~~

"You said it was gonna feel better. Why doesn't it feel better?" Ray said as he began to shake really hard, his teeth were chattering like he was cold, I sat next to him rubbing his back lightly, I knew it wasn't helping him but I felt better by doing it.

"Some master race" Stefan muttered, he was really getting on my nerves and so was Klaus, he just stood beside me, hand on his chin thinking, he stopped talking and just stood there, my man had so much compassion for his comrades.

"Lose the attitude" I snapped at Stefan as the women from earlier woke up with a gasp.

Her waking up was enough to break Klaus out of his thoughts "Derek, come feed your girlfriend" he said to the compelled human, who stood up and walked over to his girlfriend. I watched Derek move away and turned back to Ray as he snarled, before I knew it there was a pain in my neck and the world went black.

~~ That Night ~~

I woke with a gasp and looked around, Klaus who was sitting beside me, sadly drinking a beer, his wouldbe Hybrids all laying dead on the floor and Stefan was just walking into the clearing with a dead Ray on his shoulder "You look like hell" Klaus muttered as I snatched the beer from his and down the rest of it, he pouted at me and then leaned his head on my shoulder, he was looking for sympathy.

"Last I checked, I'm dying..."Stefan showed me his nasty werewolf bite and I frowned as Klaus took is head off of my shoulder and walked up to Stefan "And you don't want to heal me. I had to take him out. I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do" Stefan bowed his head like a good little boy and I sighed, Klaus wouldn't give him death, not yet at least.

"It should have worked" Klaus mumbled to me when I came to stand next to him, I was wobbly on my feet so I leant on him and cuddled into his side, he stooped down and grabbed an empty beer bottle, bit his wrist and let the blood seep into the opening before handing it to Stefan, "Bottoms up" he mumbled "We're leaving. It appears you two are the only comrades I have left" he grabbed me and walked into the trees, away from Stefan and the campsite.

When we were far enough away I pulled Klaus to a stop and hugged him tightly "I'm sorry" I pulled away from his tense form and kissed his lips lightly "we'll figure it out, darling, we always do" I touched his face, he sighed and leant into the palm of my hand.

"I know" he mumbled as he brought his lips to mine and kissed me passionately.

I was all he had and he was all I wanted, forever and always.

_______________________________

Hey, guys!!!

Early update to make up for last weeks crapping one, I will be updating again on Monday like always, so don't wory.

I'm not going to lie that last line almost made me tear up so I can't imagine what's going to happen with you guys. As always I hope you all enjoyed this and I shall be back.

~~ Katt xx