Chapter 12

Klaus, Stefan and I stood in front of Stefan's old apartment and I glanced around the hallway, cobwebs, empty bottles and graffiti decorated the now slightly derelict building, the smell wasn't exactly nice to the nose either, I touched the door and saw that the handle was broken "What a charming little homestead" Klaus mumbled as we stepped inside, I glanced over to him

"Do you feel that?" I asked him and Stefan, my instincts screaming at me that someone had very recently been in here, not just to destroy the place, which was still intact, not a thing had been moved or stolen maybe they were possibly still here "Is anybody here?" I called out into the possibly empty apartment.

"It's been vacant for decades" Stefan reasoned with me, Klaus touched my back to stop me from ripping the place apart just to prove Stefan wrong "People must break in all the time. Why'd you bring me here?" he asked Klaus who let go of me and made his way over to the kitchenette to look around as I looked through the bathroom, everything was covered in an inch-thick layer of dust.

"Your friend, Liam Grant, the one who drank his wife's blood... I never could figure out why you wanted his name. And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual" Klaus mumbled as he moved to the bed, the sheets were crinkled as if someone had been sitting on them.

"To write it down" Stefan mumbled in shock, he was starting to realise that Klaus wasn't lying to him.

"And relive the kill... Over and over again" I said with a laugh, "just like you Nik" Klaus chuckled and winked at me as he made his way over to the hidden closet where Stefan hid his alcohol and opened it.

"You believe me now?" Klaus asked as Stefan stepped into the closet and Klaus made his way over to me as I stood in the little dining area next to the closet.

"Look what I found," Stefan said from the hidden room, he emerged with a bottle of whisky in his hand and showed it to me as I stepped closer "1918. Single malt" I shuddered, I hated that stuff, it was always hurt whenI swallowed even with Vampire healing.

"Got anything better?" I asked, stepping towards the room but Stefan barred my way with a shake of his head, why'd he stop me, it wasn't like I'd break anything in there.

"Nope sorry, that's all I got" sighing in defeat I stepped away and shrugged, as Klaus came forward and grabbed the single malt.

"Let's go and find someone to pair it with" he mumbled with a grin, he pulled me out of Stefan's apartment and we set off to our favourite watering hole for a quick drink, and to see if Rebekah had decided to grace us with her presence.

Gloria's Bar

I sat on Klaus' lap at the bar with Stefan next to us and Gloria handed us all beers, she must've known that Klaus made me drink the single malt because she watched as I downed the beer with amusement "Where's Rebekah?" she asked Klaus who was patting my back gently, he was trying to get back in my good books.

"She'll be here," I said stealing Klaus' beer, I needed it more than he did, that was the only reason why he didn't fight me on it.

"I can't just conjure her on demand," Klaus said with an eye roll Gloria walked away to serve some other customers "What's with you? I thought Chicago was your playground" Stefan was glum about something, he got all sulky as soon as we left his old apartment.

"So this is why you asked me to be your wingman? Because you liked the way that I tortured innocent people?" Stefan asked slamming his beer down on the bar, he turned to Klaus and looked at him like he was crazy.

"Well, that's certainly half of it" I mumbled, reaching over to grab his beer Stefan slapped my hand away and took the beer away, damn I needed to get Gloria to give me a new one.

"What's the other half?" Stefan asked in disbelief as Gloria put down yet another beer in front of me.

"The other half, Stefan, is that you used to want to be my wingman and that you're my darling wife's brother" I felt Klaus' lips on my neck and I shivered, he was such a kiss ass when he wanted to be.

~~ Chicago, 1920's Alex's POV: ~~

Klaus, Stefan and I stood at the bar and drank whisky together, Stefan was trying to cheer up Klaus but it wasn't working "They're jealous. Your family wants you dead because they can never be what you are" he pointed at Klaus with the hand he was holding his drink in and almost spilt it on me.

"What? An abomination?" Klaus asked sadly, I kissed his cheek and ran my hand through his hair making him lean into my palm lightly.

"No," I said in his ear "you'll never be an abomination to me, my love" he turned his head slightly and kissed my lips tenderly, he knew I meant every word.

"No. A king" Stefan said making Klaus smile, my brother knew how to make him smile, which in turn made me smile.

"Look at us. Two sad orphans" Klaus looked over to Rebekah who was talking to a governor a few feet from us, I looked at her too and she smiled sweetly when Stefan caught her eye "My sister fancies you, you know" Klaus mumbled.

"I should warn you, Stefan, Rebekah doesn't do anything half-speed, and that includes falling in love. So just be careful. She's totally mad" I said as Klaus leant into my side and chuckled with Stefan, Klaus knew I was right, Rebekah had fallen in love half a dozen times in the decades that I've known her and each time was faster than the rest.

"I appreciate the advice," Stefan said with a chuckle.

"And when the point comes where she inevitably leaves you... She can't help it, it's just who she is. Don't let your heart do anything stupid" Klaus warned, Stefan's chuckles stopped and so did mine, there was an underlying threat in Klaus' words and my ears picked up on it instantly thanks to knowing him for as long as I have.

"You know what, you're a good friend, Nik" Stefan clapped him on the shoulder "I'm glad I met you and I'm happy my sister is with you" he raised his shot glass and clinked it with Klaus'

~~ Nowadays, Chicago ~~

Klaus raised his shot glass of tequila and stared at Stefan over my shoulder "To friendship" he mumbled Stefan slowly raised his glass and so did I, we all clinked the glasses and Klaus and I downed the liquid immediately.

__________________________

Hey guys, new update, I hope you all enjoyed it and I'll see you all next week.

I also found out who reported the last chapter, turned out it was a friend of mine who wanted to play a prank on me... it didn't get the response from me that she wanted to I guess I won this round but be prepared for the next round *Que evil laughter*

~~ Katt xx