Chapter 47

The things Alex is wearing in the chapter:

~~ New Orleans 1864 ~~

I stepped out of the carriage and looked up at the beautiful plantation house that I would be calling home for the rest of my days, if Damon and Stefan were here they would laugh at me and tease me about having to be here. My maid fixed my dress as Jeffery Deveraux walked out of the house with confidence, he was quite handsome, with striking caramel coloured eyes and soft features.

"Miss Salvatore, it's a pleasure to meet you" he bend his head down and kissed my hand gently, I blushed and curtsied, I could not let my families name get dragged through the mud just because I forgot my manners "I offer you, my condolences for your loss of your father and brothers, it is such a sad, sad event to have happened"

"Thank you, Mr Deveraux, that is very sweet" I smiled and he nodded, a little girl came out of the house moments later followed by a small boy, they looked so similar you would think that they were twins.

"Oh forgive me, these are my two children Océane and Aubin, I believe your father told you I had children" I smiled sweetly at the two and squatted down to their level, I knew how scary it was to meet a new perspective parent.

"Yes he did," I said touching the little boy's cheeks, I smiled and was given one in return "I am pleased to meet you both" I touched the little girl's hand and kissed it gently making her giggle.

"It is nice to meet you, Miss Salvatore," Océane said shyly, her voice was quiet.

"Please call me Alexandra, Océane" she smiled brightly and grabbed my hand firmly, her little brother grabbed my hand and smiled up at me, he still didn't have all his teeth which made his smile all the more adorable.

"Papa, can we show her to her rooms? Please?" Océane asked as she looked at her father, who nodded and smiled at her sweetly, it seemed that Océane had her father wrapped around her little finger tightly and it was easy to see why "Come, Miss Alexandra" she pulled me into the house and all the servants who were dusting and cleaning smiled and nodded at us as we went passed, Winona, my maid, said that he treated his servants like they were family, like I treated her and the servants my father had, Mr Deveraux detested those who treated their servants with punishment, that's why he had so many, they flocked here because the way he treated them.

"You have a lovely home, Mr Deveraux," I said as he touched the back of my dress lightly as I was dragged up the stairs by his children, the house itself was perfect and warm, it was like when you stepped in you started to breathe for the first time.

"Why thank you, Miss Salvatore, I hope you will be comfortable here" I glanced at him and smiled kindly, I could truly believe him, his eyes sparkled with kindness and his hand did not stray from its place on my back "As a welcome we will be holding a ball in your honour in a fortnight, think of it as our engagement announcement" I nodded and smiled sweetly at him "all the townspeople will be there to behold your beauty" he said as we stopped, he brought my hand to his lips and kissed it gently "I'll come escort you to dinner when it is done" he said.

Bending down I kissed Océane's hand and Aubin's forehead gently "Thank you very much Mr Deveraux" I curtsied and Winona opened my bedroom door for me, my heart was fluttering and my cheeks burned with a blush, I may have fought my father about this marriage but father never said anything about Jeffery Deveraux being this charming.

__________________________________________________________
Hey, guys, I know I know I promised you a long chapter but I lost track of the days and you got the Wednesday update instead, tell me if you liked it and I might continue this storyline... Maybe in this book maybe in another... I don't know totally up to you.

Also, I've started to write the Jurrasic World fanfic I mentioned last week... So far I'm enjoying it so I might release that sometime soon. Anyway.....

Stay Sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎