Chapter 3

~~ Months Later ~~

Klaus and I stood in the shadows of a plantation house in Tennessee and watched as a blond human girl came outside in a t-shirt and shorts, we'd been tracking the same werewolf down for weeks now and this was as close as we could get to him... we'd been all over America looking for this guy.

"Rudy. Rudy!" she whistled, the dog was supposed to come back to her but it clearly had other ideas "Come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you" she picked up a leash and Klaus and I came up behind her, I was trying not to smirk I was having way too much fun, fighting, fucking and killing, the hunt for this Ray guy was exciting for me but sadly Stefan was still pouting because he's all tortured and brooding.

The blonde girl turned around and gasped when she saw us, I made sure to slouch my shoulders slightly and smile at her timidly "I am so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you" Klaus said putting on his best American accent which made me want to burst out laughing.

"Can I help you?" the girl asked putting one hand on her hip she looked at both Klaus and I with a raised eyebrow, she clearly didn't trust strangers.

"Yeah, our, uh, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I feel like I've been walking forever." Klaus said and looked at me, he wanted me to talk, oh I'd talk.

"Yours is the first house we came to, so I was just hoping I could use your phone" I mumbled, I had to act human so I'd act like Elena used to when she first talked to me, timid and shy.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" the girl asked with a slight chuckle, I pulled out my cell and showed her that it was flat, it wasn't I just took the battery out while we waited for her to come out of the house.

"Heh. Yeah. Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone" Klaus said, he was making her and me uncomfortable but he wouldn't let me speak... he knew I just wanted to kill her and get it over with.

"Sure" she sighed and turned around to walk into the house and Klaus let go of my hand and stepped forward, hopefully.

"So... We can come in?" Klaus asked which made her laugh.

"No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you," she said looking back at us.

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting?" I said with a quirked eyebrow, I was getting tired of playing the human, my back was hurting and my face felt numb.

"I'm from Florida" she stated, I wanted to rip her head off right at that moment, I didn't care where you were from I would kill you none the less.

"Well, that explains it" Klaus said with a laugh, he gestured to me and I stepped towards her and caught her eye.

"Now show us a little Southern hospitality... Sweet pea" I compelled her, she nodded and lead us into the house, to the kitchen where another girl was, I kept the blonde in a tight grip and she sniffled and sob silently.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning," the other girl said as she out leftovers in a bowl "What's going on?" she asked when she saw the three of us standing in the doorway, she put the frying pan down and stared at the hand I was using to hold her friend.

"Please don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here" Klaus said calmly, he was rubbing little circles on my back, he wanted to make sure I didn't kill these two before he found out where Ray was.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly" the second girl shrugged, her eyes darted at all of us, she was going to run, I could tell, and I was ready to give chase.

"But I expect he makes it home... Once a month" I smirked and she didn't answer.

"That's what we thought. Where is he now?" Klaus asked her this time but she still didn't answer "If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you" we both smiled and she took off running, I sprinted after her as she screamed and tried to get out the front door, but Stefan was standing there waiting which made her scream again and me laugh.

"I love it when they run," I said to Stefan who shook his head and sighed, he wasn't going to joke around with me?

"He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's off Highway 41" she said to Klaus as I held her tightly in my arms and touched her pulse in her neck, which made her shudder.

"Thank you, love. Now..." he looked at the blonde girl "May my friend come in your home?" Klaus asked for Stefan.

"Yes" she squeaked out and I laughed, my grip tightened on her second girl's arms and I heard the little bones cracked and crushed under my hands.

"Kill this one quickly" he pushed the first girl into Stefan's waiting arms as soon as he stepped into the house, he then gestured to the one in my arms "Make that one suffer" he looked at me expectantly and I sighed and pushed her away making her collide with the wall opposite us "We'll be in the car" Klaus grabbed me and dragged me out of the house.

"Please don't, please..." she screamed as I heard Stefan step forward, Klaus didn't say a word as he lead me to the car.

"What are we going to do while we wait?" I asked Stefan would take as long as he wanted, he didn't care if we missed Ray, he was just here because of the deal he made.

"Hmm... I could think of a few things" Klaus mumbled pushing me against the car roughly and he kissed me hard, this was the first time in months that we had some time alone, Stefan always found a way to stop us from having some fun, be it telling Klaus he wanted to hunt or telling me he needed to talk, each time it made me cranky but I couldn't blame him, he didn't want to smell sex on his big sister.

______________________________

Hey, guys, I am so happy today that I thought I'd just share the love but sadly the second chapter I wrote for you all got deleted.... so you'll have to put up with this for the week :)

~~ Katt xx