Chapter 37

So Salvatore Sibling bonding meant me and Damon playing darts while Stefan sat behind us pouting and tapping on the table, "you're cheating" I grumbled as Damon got another bullseye, every time I went to throw my dart at the board he'd bump me out of the way so I'd miss, if he wasn't my brother I would've tried to kill him right here but alas he was actually trying to be my brother.

"So... Let's just say Sage was killing everyone in 1912. Who the hell is doing it now?" I asked as I took my shot but Damon nudged me with his hip and my dart hit the wall, with a sharp thud, I glared at Damon who chuckled.

"You need to practise playing darts some more, sister, I thought being an Original gave you awesome abilities, made you faster and more accurate, guess I was wrong" he shrugged and went to take his shot but I nudged him hard enough that he stumbled a few feet away from me "Really?" he rolled his eyes and took his place again "It's not that psycho, Dr. Fell. She's a woman. There's no way she could stab 3 grown men" he threw his dart and Rebekah stepped in the way and caught it.

"That's a bit sexist. A woman could easily kill a man with the right motivation" Rebekah said making both my brother roll their eyes, while I grinned and high-fived her when our eyes met.

"You just, uh, don't give up, do you?" Stefan asked his tapping continued, he was getting on my nerves, I turned to look at my brother as Bekah handed Damon back his darts and eye-flirted with him for a moment, Stefan had his head in his hands now, like he was fighting off a major headache, which I guess he was, the pressure to feed will drive you crazy if you let it.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asked Stefan as he took a swig from his glass, his eyes trailed on Rebekah.

"He's on a master cleanse, trying to be a better man and all," I told her rolling my eyes as Damon nudged me to continue our game, I was done, no more playing darts with him, he cheated shamelessly and it annoyed me to no end.

"Yeah, you were a lot more fun in the twenties," Rebekah said with a pout, he was a lot more of a dick in the 20's, Stefan on human blood was whiny and cocky two things I didn't want to deal with.

"You'll rile him up" I scolded her as I moved passed and grabbed the bottle of booze so I could pour myself a drink.

"He's testy when he's being self-righteous," Damon said pointing at his glass, meaning he wanted me to fill it.

"I'm not being self-righteous, Damon," Stefan said in a sulk "I'm just not interested in slaughtering innocent human beings anymore" he shrugged but I noticed his jaw clench when he said that, he wanted to feed on someone right now.

"Oh, ok. Fair enough. My mistake. You used to be self-righteous" Damon put down his glass and pulled out one of Stefan's diaries from his bag, I snatched it from him and read out a line from a random page.

"'Dear diary, Damon has lost his way. Though I have pulled my own life together, he continues to waste his, if only Allie was here to help me keep him in check'" I rolled my eyes and clutched my chest in a mock gesture, like he'd got my feelings.

"Ouch" Rebekah commented, grabbing the book from me "'His bitterness consumes him. He is nothing but blackness and bile, what would Allie say if she saw him like this or me for that matter'"

"Oof. Judgey" I said about the first part as Damon, Bekah and I moved closer to Stefan, I rolled my eyes when I met Stefan's.

"You know, if I'm being honest. You didn't seem like much fun either, Damon" Rebekah said, handing the diary back to him.

"He wasn't," I said as I gulped down the rest of my drink and grabbed the bottle, I needed more alcohol, Stefan smirked at me and Damon whacked me on the back of the head.

"I wasn't" he admitted, I was just joking but I guess I was right "the women, I was in love with was stuck in a tomb" I scoffed "She wasn't getting out for 100 years. I wasn't having any fun at all" he told us about how Sage met him and taught him how to relish in the feed and how to seduce a woman into giving everything to him.

"That sounded like Sage, all right," I said with a roll of my eyes while Rebekah scoffed and nodded at me.

"How did you know her?" Damon asked me as he leant against the table next to me, his eyes not leaving mine.

"I met her in the 70's when I was looking for Elijah, she drove a metal pole through my chest when she realised that I was Klaus' wife, ruined one of the best outfits Seattle has ever seen, pissed me and Klaus off to no end going on a killing spree, guess she wanted our attention" I shrugged and Rebekah chuckled.

"That is a terrible way to get your attention," I rolled my eyes "Sage was obsessed with my brother Finn over 900 years ago" she shrugged and sat down on one of the chairs that was around the table Stefan was at.

"What? Creepy, suicidal guy?" Damon asked outraged, making me laugh, Stefan out of nowhere hit his hand on the table making other patrons of the bar look at us for a second as Stefan's tapping continued to get louder

"You're doing it again," I told him my eyes not moving from Damon, Stefan jumped from his seat and grabbed his stuff.

"I need to, uh... I got to get out of here" Stefan said pulling on his jacket he was about to walk away but I stopped him.

"Sure. First admit you're jonesing" I said downing Damon's drink, Damon looked at me like I told him I killed a puppy at a 5-year-olds birthday.

"Alex, I'm not gonna..." Stefan tried to move around me but Damon stopped him, by flashing across the small space.

"Admit it," Damon said, grabbing Stefan by the collar of his coat.

"Ok, fine. I'm freaking out. I'm ready to eat the entire wait staff. Why do you need to hear me say it?" he said to us making me laugh, we'd all been there at one point or another.

"Because we're obviously feeling a little self-righteous, too," I said, Stefan pushed Damon and me away before leaving the Grill.