Chapter 48

Please read the authors note at the bottom it's important. Thanks.

____________________________________________

Klaus and I entered The Boarding House, Klaus stopped by the couch in the sitting room and grabbed the White Oak stake that was just sitting on the coffee table and we went downstairs to the cells in the basement, Stefan was holding Alaric there while Damon and Elena went to go get Jeremy from Denver, my heels clicked against the stairs as we stepped into the dingy basement, the buzz of the lights rang throughout the whole bottom floor and it started to drive me mad.

"Well, this is depressing, isn't it?" I said with a shudder, this place always gave me the creeps, mostly because I knew that if Klaus didn't come to town I would've ended up down here because of Elena and her 'you can't eat humans' attitude that she sported for everyone but Caroline and Damon, Stefan stood up from his chair that was near Alaric's cot.

Klaus twirled the stake between his fingers to show my brother that we had it "Oh, and I found this upstairs. Now by my count, there should be one more"

"Yeah, well, it's going to take a little more time," Stefan said to Klaus as he crossed his arms and glared at the two of us, he seems to forget we weren't trying to kill him, we were trying to save ourselves.

"Why, because we're waiting for that one to pass out?" I asked pointing at Ric who shrugged at me and rolled his eyes, he was tired of being here and being what he was obviously, I would be two if Sulky Stefan was babysitting me.

"No, thanks. I think I'll just kill him" Klaus said making me laugh, don't get me wrong I liked Ric but I knew he would prefer to die than to be kept alive as a serial killer from the rest of his life and to show I was right he looked at me with pleading eyes, he wanted this to be over but not before he said goodbye to Jeremy.

"Well, then you won't know the location of the other stake" Stefan reminded us making my roll my eyes at his obvious statement.

"I can live with that" Klaus said stepping forward, Stefan put a hand on Klaus' chest and stopped him from moving closer.

"Well, I can't. When we staked Finn, we discovered that killing an original vampire killed its entire bloodline. Now, I don't know which one of you I'm descended from, but I'd really rather not find out by dying, so why don't we just find the stake, destroy it so we can all be safe?" Stefan said looking at me before looking back at Klaus, now he wanted to work together, that's funny.

"So the fate of the entire vampire race depends on you finding the stake. And to get it, we need you to pass out" I looked at Ric and then at Klaus "Which means that he feel totally justified doing this" Klaus flashed forward and snapped RIc's neck making him fall to the ground "There" I said evenly, showing no emotions "Sleeping like a baby" I smiled at my brother as he looked down at Ric's body before looking up at me.

~~~~ Mikaleson Mansion ~~~~

I took off my coat and kissed Klaus on the lips "well, that went well" I said as we stepped into the living room where Rebekah was standing over Esther's dead body, "What the hell?" I said making my way over to Bekah who looked up at us.

"She's dead," Bekah said making Klaus roll his eyes and huff, he wanted to be the one to kill his mother, most of our conversations about it was him saying how he'd torture her before he removed her head from her body, he was one sadistic bastard.

"Well, no shit Bekah" I commented with a scoff as Klaus picked up his mother body and took her out of the room.

~~~~ Kol's POV: Somewhere in Kansas ~~~~

I sat, waiting, in Scary Mary's house tapping my boot silently with the blunt end of the baseball bat in my hand, I sent a text to Alex saying I found Mary and she told me to kill Mary do whatever it is I wanted to Damon but not touch Jeremy and Elena, Klaus still needed her for his army. I turned my head slightly when I heard tires hit the gravel outside the house, I glanced back at Mary and smiled, she was staked to the wall across from me in the dark bedroom, I drove the wooden coat rack through her chest so hard that she was pinned to the decaying wall.

I heard mumbling from behind the door and footsteps come closer to the room, the door opened and Damon and Elena stepped in "Mary..." Damon said in disbelief.

"Quite contrary," I said turning the lamp on next to me the two of them turned to me and I smiled tapping the bat against my shoe louder "Shame about Mary. She used to be a blast. I don't quite know what happened. I fear all the time she spent with my family might have ruined her. She was a bit of an original groupie" I shrugged my shoulders and looked at Damon "your sister, on the other hand, she holds her own against us" I smirked when he grimaced at the mention of his sister.

"And were you her favourite?" the doppelganger spoke bringing my attention to her, I raised my eyebrow and grinned at her, she lacks tact when it comes to questions she wants to hide.

"You mean, did I turn her. I think I did. But, no, wait. Maybe it was Rebekah. But there was also a Klaus period but as soon as Alexandra turned up that ended, much to Mary's disgust. And let's not forget the Elijah affair" I winked at Damon who was too busy glaring at me "I spoke to your sister. I know you're trying to find out who you descended from. Now you never will. So... Where did we leave off?" I stepped forward and slammed the baseball bat into Damon's chest making him fall to the floor, I kept hitting him savagely.

"Elena, get out of here!" Damon yelled to the Doppelganger, she tried to run past me but I ran to the door and caught her before she could leave.

"According to Alexandra, you're off-limits and so is your brother. Please don't test me" I threw her on the bed and Damon flashed in front of me and tried to strangle me, causing me to laugh.

"Don't touch her" Damon growled into my face, he doesn't hide his love for this girl very well, I jerked my knee into his stomach and threw him against the wall next to Mary making him grunt in pain.

"Oh, dear. I've hit the nerve" I said in fake horror "Relax, darling. I just want us to be even. You snapped my neck, you killed my brother, and then you humiliated me" I hit him several more times and tossed the bat to the floor, "There. Now we're even" I walked out of the house and went back to Denver, I was hungry and I needed to get rid of it before I went to see Alex and my brother.

______________________________________________

Hey, guys, long chapter as promised, I might be able to update next week but I'm not sure as I've been invited to a friends holiday house for Easter, so that'll be fun.

If I can't update next Monday it'll be on Wednesday. I'm also publishing Alex's human story of her life in New Orlean's in lead up to the next book.

VOTE HERE FOR THE COVER!! VOTE USING 1, 2 or 3. IF YOU DO NOT VOTE USING THIS SYSTEM I WILL NOT COUNT IT.

or if you want me to use one of you own covers that you have made you can send it to katt.natt.writer96gmail.com

I'm not doing season 4 of TVD and I'm skipping straight to season 1 of TO, I hope you all understand

Stay sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎