Chapter 16

After Rebekah had chosen her clothes, Rebekah walked back to the bar while Klaus pulled me to a stop "I understand I hurt you, and I'm sorry, but your brother overstepped the line. I promised you and Stefan that I would let him live, but I need to teach him that I'm not going to let you go" he touched my face and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Nik, he's my brother, I get that you don't like your family very much but he's the one that I used to run to when I had a problem, he'd defend me and protect me no matter what he faced" I blinked away my tears and shook my head "I need my brother, but I also need my husband" I touched his hand gently.

"I need you too" he pulled me closer and kissed me gently, "I'll try not to kill him" I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek.

"You're forgiven then" I pulled away making him sigh in relief "let's get moving before Rebekah kills us both" I began to walk away from him, in seconds I felt his scorching hand wrap around mine and he intertwined our fingers and winked down at me.

~~ Gloria's Bar ~~

I sat on Klaus' lap and watched Gloria mutter under her breath as she tried to find Rebekah's necklace which I knew Elena was probably buried with, Rebekah was quietly seething on the bar because I'd forgiven Klaus so easily.

Stefan walked into the bar and stared at Gloria as she hunched over the table with her Grimoire "You left us" Rebekah commented as I handed Stefan a beer.

"Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode" Stefan replied his eyes still on Gloria.

"Tell me about it" Klaus muttered as he put a hand on my thigh.

"What's she doing?" Stefan asked me as he took a sip of the beer.

"She's failing," I said gulping down the last of my beer.

"It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on" Gloria huffed back at me, making me chuckle.

"So use me. I only wore it for a thousand years" Rebekah hopped down from the bar top and sat on the table Gloria was at, she offered Gloria her hand and crossed her legs.

"See? Now this one offers a solution" Gloria grabbed her hand and closed her eyes.

"She's, uh, she's looking for the necklace, huh?" Stefan asked Klaus, looking at me with worried eyes.

"I can sense something," Gloria said looking even more worried, she started to chant a little bit louder before letting Rebekah's hand go "I found it" she opened her eyes and looked around.

"So where is it?" Rebekah asked leaning closer to Gloria.

"It doesn't work like that, doll," Gloria said shaking her head "I get images. There's a girl with her friends..." I looked at Stefan and he began to sweat, was Elena alive? or was it someone else wearing the necklace.

"Yes, a dead girl with dead friends, if I don't get my necklace back," Rebekah said seething, she hated sharing things, even with me.

"Well, I'll have to dive back in to get the details," Gloria said to Rebekah, her words did little to soothe Rebekah's anger.

"So dive," I said as Klaus and I stood up and walked over to the witch.

"I need more time. And space" she sighed when Klaus came and leant over her shoulder "You're harshing my ju-ju" she waved her hand to shoo him away.

"We can wait," Klaus said with his normal smirk as I rubbed Rebekah's back to soothe her a little bit more.

"I'm sure you can. But that's not what I asked" she said looking directly at Klaus her eyes telling him to back off or she'd hurt him badly.

"Hey. Hey, you know, why don't we just come back later" Stefan said patting Nik's back lightly "I'm hungry anyway" Stefan looked at me for help.

So like the goo sister I am I walked over to my husband and kissed his lips lightly "I'll let you pick who we eat" I mumbled "I'll even let you share with me" I winked seductively at him, he nodded with a little smiled and all four of us walked out of the bar, leaving the Witch to do what she had to do.

_______________________________
Hey, guys, I'm back and I'm feeling great, no more swollen lymph nodes. Video at the top is Nightcores, Partners in Crime... its helped me write this chapter actually. So I hope you check Nightcore out.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next week for another one.

~~ Katt xx  ❤︎