Chapter 23

Klaus and I waited in the room, Klaus had set up to act as a dining room, hand in hand "Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience" Damon and Stefan walked in with Elijah and Damon's eyes instantly went to our intertwined hands "Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilised men, shall we?" he gestured to the seats around the table.

"It's better to indulge him," I said as Elijah walked into the room and Klaus held out my chair for me, I would be seated between Klaus and Damon while Stefan was next to Elijah, he thought it was best I acted as a buffer between my husband and irritating brother.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told, I had to cause you would hear us out" Stefan said with a sneer, he had to get in line because I wasn't happy to be here either but it was a family thing and as Elijah happily reminded me I was part of the family.

"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides" I cleared my throat and sent a look at him as he came and sat to my right "The choice is yours"

After dinner was served and we were all eating, the women who Elijah had compelled walked around and refilled all our glasses with expensive wine, Stefan had decided to not eat and he stared at Klaus so hard it was a wonder that he didn't burst into flames "Thank you, love" Damon said as one of the women pour him a glass of blood.

"You lost your appetite," I said as I took a sip of my own glass of blood, I glanced at Klaus who was openly staring at me with a grin on his face, I glanced down at my glass of blood and sighed, he spiked it with his own blood, that explained why the women brought me a different bottle then everyone else.

"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home," Damon chastised our younger brother who growled slightly and picked up his knife and fork.

"That's the spirit," Klaus said putting his fork down he touched my thigh gently and smirked when I jumped and moved away from him slightly.

"Isn't it nice? the five of us dining together?" I said with a strained smile, my eyes zoned on Elijah who was shaking his head at Klaus, he knew what his brother was doing and he was finding it amusing.

"Such a treat" Klaus replied to me with a laugh "Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother and wife?" his smiled didn't fade when I kicked him under the table.

"Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier" Damon said winking at Elijah who just sat there and didn't acknowledge my brother's subtle hint that he was in cohorts or shall I say lack thereof.

"Well, Elijah, Alex and I have had our share of quarrels over the century" he smiled at me, leant forward and kissed me on the lips "But we always make it through," he said looking at my brother with mischievous eyes as if daring Damon to say something.

"Kind of like you and Rebekah, right?" Stefan said snidely making me sigh, why did he have to poke the bear? "Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her" Stefan smirked at my husband, he took a drink from his glass as Klaus just stared at him unimpressed.

"If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah and Alex already knew about all of it" Klaus smirked when Elijah looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I just shrugged in return.

"Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad?" I asked in reply making my little brother tense up as I just smiled at him "Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert" I took a drink and Damon hummed in agreement.

"We're here to make a deal, Alex. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses" he looked at me and smirked with malice "didn't he dagger you as well? How was that?" I slammed my glass down so hard it shattered "did I hit a nerve, Alex, my dear sister" I went to stand up but Damon put his hand out and stopped me from moving while Klaus got the mess cleared away.

"She's just saying we have a long evening ahead of us," Damon said as Klaus rubbed my hand gently making me relax a little bit, Stefan knew he'd hit a sore spot but he didn't look apologetic, he was actually pleased with himself "Pace yourself" Damon commanded making Stefan hunch back in his seat like a scolded child, I had to admit it make my the tinyest bit pleased.

____________________________________

Okay, guys the picture above is a spam account

Okay, guys the picture above is a spam account. DO NOT click the link, I saw it was a spam instantly so I already reported them but I thought I'd warn you this is happening.