Chapter 51

"But I don't wanna" I whined as Rebekah shoved empty cups into the garbage bag she made me hold open for her, she'd stormed into the bedroom early this morning and yelled for me to get out of bed and when I didn't make a move and only flipped her off she staked me with a piece of wood.

"Well too bad, you got to enjoy yourself last night at the dance while I was daggered in a box by my wench of a mother" I rolled my eyes and huffed, something tells me she's going to be using that excuse a lot today, the cafeteria doors banged open and Caroline came in and looked around, she was looking for Matt.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asked and I grunted as I shifted from foot to foot, something didn't feel right in the school and I couldn't put my finger on it.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute," I said with a shrug and my blonde ex-friend crossed her arms and huffed, she was still cranky about me threatening to kill them all, someone clearly couldn't let things go.

"Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?" I gestured to show her that there was no one else in the room and she sighed, she was not happy this morning.

"Yes, and you're late. Clean-up committee started at 8 o' clock," Rebekah snapped at her and I chuckled, we'd only got here a minute before 8 because I refused to get out of bed, even after the staking incident.

"It's like 8:02," Caroline said looking at her watch with a raised eyebrow, she was right and Bekah was only saying it to get a rise out of her, which by the tick on Caroline's cheek it was working.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time even after I got this one out of bed" she gestured at me and I rolled my eyes at the comment "and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organised," yep there it was, I knew she was going to use it.

"I'm sorry about your Mum. I mean, I know you like hated her and everything, but still, I'm sorry." Caroline said as we continued to pick up rubbish, Rebekah tensed beside me and I cleared my throat, the tension was thick.

"I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy" Rebekah mumbled, her eyes were trained on me and I just turned my back to her, I'd talked to Klaus about Ric last night when I was told by Damon that Elena didn't want me anywhere near the others so I couldn't say goodbye, I gotta admit it hurt, a goddamn lot that I couldn't say goodbye to the one human I actually looked at as a third brother.

"Yeah, he was," Caroline said her eyes looked at me too and I just cleared my throat again, I didn't and couldn't cry not here and not now.

"We're gonna get started on the gym," Bekah touched my back and I nodded, scooping up the trash bag I followed her out but stopped when we rounded the corner when I came face to face with the one person who shouldn't be alive.

"You're supposed to be dead," I said with wide eyes, his heartbeat was different and the way he stood was different as well, he held himself like Damon does when he's up to no good.

"I am," Ric said with a nasty grin, he slamed me and Rebekah against the lockers, blood dribbled down my back because of the handle of the locker sliced through my shirt and I fell to the ground with a grunt, Ric grabbed Bekah and tried to stake her, I jumped up as he brought the stake down and threw him off with Caroline's help as she just showed up when she heard us, I grabbed Caroline's hand and dragged her out of the school and to her car.

"Open the door Caroline" I growled as she fumbled with the keys and dropped them, when I came back with the keys in my hand I groaned when I saw Ric's face in the reflection of the window of the car, he quickly snapped Caroline's neck and then mine, this is what I get when I try to do the nice thing and help a newbie vamp escape certain death.

~~ Rebekah's POV: ~~

I ran home to Nik to tell him what happened, why did I let go of Alex's hand? why did she have to play hero and try to save Caroline? Storming into the art room and facing my brother I cleared my throat, it was now or never, Nik was going to kill me.

"We have a problem," I said as my brother looked at me and then the empty space behind me where Alex would've stood.

"Where's Alex?" he asked putting down the paint brush his eyes scanned over my nervous form and he stepped towards me slowly "Rebekah, where is my wife?" he growled out, he was going to be so angry.

"Alaric is a vampire and he has Alex and Caroline at the school" I swollowed loudly as my brother stared at me in silence, he blinked several times as if he couldn't comprehend what I'd just said.

"I'm sorry what?" he stepped forward again and I stepped back, the look in his eyes was something that I haven't seen in a long time.

"He has Alex and a white oak stake" I swollowed again as Klaus hand swipped sideways and cleared off the small table next to his easel.

He growled loudly and his eyes flashed yellow/gold, his wolf side was coming out "he has my wife and something that can kill her?" he yelled making me flinch back "please tell me you are joking Rebekah and Alex is about to walk into the room laughing" his voice broke at the end and I knew he wasn't just angy, he was furious.

"Why would I joke about this Nik!" I shouted back, my anger also rising, it was my fault, if it was just me and Caroline it would've been fine but I didn't want to work alone, why did I drag Alex into this?

_______________________________________________

Hey guys, I wanted to thank you all for understanding why I didn't update last week, I also wanted to say that I've update Alex's back story and for those who my be insterested the story is where I will actually reveal who turned Alex.

Stay Sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎