Chapter 7

I perched on Klaus' back, as he and Stefan walked the long track of grass to the Werewolf pack that Ray belonged to, after an hour of walking I had jumped on Klaus' back and insisted that he carry me because I'd gotten too lazy to walk, he agreed mostly to keep me quiet but there was a part of him that liked having me close, I could tell because as soon as I brought up that my feet hurt Klaus stooped down so I could climb on his back.

"You ok?" I asked Stefan as I lifted my head from the crook of Klaus' neck where I was casually nibbling on his neck, Stefan was carrying Ray and he didn't look happy to be here with us "Is Ray getting heavy?" I mocked him, he looked over at me and rolled his eyes, so maybe mocking him was going a little too far, but it was fun.

"I'm fine," Stefan said with gritted teeth, he didn't like it when people mocked him, he especially didn't like the fact that I was on his enemies back, leaving little love bites on his neck.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now" Klaus joined in with me, he did that often, when I was in a joking mood he readily joined in, the carefree look was quite nice on him now that I thought about it as I gazed at the smirk on his face, the twinkle in his eyes.

"If you need some water or a little sit-down..." I chuckled, returning to my past time of seeing how long it would take Klaus to have enough of my teasing and take me somewhere in the bushes to have his way with me, sadly, so far it wasn't working it was only making me uncomfortable and I really wanted to shift to give myself just that little bit of friction but Klaus kept a tight grip on my thighs, every now and again he'd rub little circles just to make my breath catch in my throat.

"You know, I get that we're, uh... we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great" the vein in Klaus' neck throbbed when I bit it too hard and I heard him take a deep breath in, clearly so did Stefan because he cleared his throat and shot me a look, as if his I'm-Cranky-And-I'm-Your-Brother face would make me stop playing with Klaus.

"So much brooding" I mumbled into Klaus' neck and he chuckled, he was finding our little sibling squabbles funny and to be honest if it was him and Rebekah I'd do the same thing, siblings having little tiffs were pretty funny.

"Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend," Klaus said, letting go of my thigh he touched Stefan's shoulder as we hit more trees that lead to the spot where Ray had told us his pack meets.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer" Stefan said readjusting Ray on his shoulder while Klaus lets me off his back but didn't let me go very far because he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, I glanced at his neck and smirked, a red mark sat on his carotid artery.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack," Klaus said quietly as we stepped into a clearing where people were setting up tents "There," Klaus said with a smile and he winked at me as Stefan dropped Ray on the ground harshly.

"Ray! Oh, my God" a women shouted when she recognised the unconscious Ray, she ran over and check him "What's going on? Who are you?" she asked Stefan and me with suspicion but Klaus cleared his throat and her gaze swung to him.

"The important question is who am I" he smirked harder and she stood up from her friend and looked straight at Klaus "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus" he gave her a shit eating grin when she gasped and back away from him.

"You're the hybrid" she mumbled quietly as the rest of the pack gathered farther behind her and murmured to each other quietly.

"You've heard of me" he chuckled and I rolled my eyes at him in exasperation "Fantastic"