Chapter 35

I woke up to Rebekah violently shaking me "gah, what Beks because I swear to god if you don't leave I'll get Nik to murder you" I buried my face into Nik's chest and felt him chuckle and wrap his hands around my waist, he'd found me last night laying in the middle of the road staring at the sky, I was trying to catch a quick meal but he decided to use his 'I'm older than you' voice on me and he brought me home where a lot of alcohol and breathing blood bags were waiting for us, I think he knew it wasn't every day that someone's mother in law tries to kill them and their family.

"Well he can't, so get up, I'm meeting mayor Lockwood at the Grill and I want you to come with me" I felt clothing hit me in the head which meant that she was raiding my closet, Nik growled at her because it wasn't just me she was hitting, I lifted my head and smirked at Nik who had a pair of my panties strewn over his face, thankfully they were a new pair, the sight didn't stop me from laughing at his grumpy face though, I pulled the panties off of him and smiled "purple's not your color" I mumbled kissing his lips.

"No, but it's definitely yours" he eyed my underwear that was in my hand and pulled me closer so he could talk into my ear, "remind me to remove those from you later" I kissed him again causing a growl to rumble through his chest and moved away from him so I could go with Bekah.

~~~~ The Boarding House ~~~~

I had ten minutes to get some of my old founders stuff from my brothers house before Rebekah went on a killing spree that would start with me, she wanted to know about the White Oak tree that grew over 300 years ago was, I knew that the Salvatores kept the ledgers because we were the ones who cut down the trees to build the town but I didn't know where they were, I pulled open the glass case that surrounded my older books and stopped when I heard a repeating tapping noise on wood somewhere in the house, I knew what it meant, Stefan was off Human Blood again, and he was on edge.

Tossing the books into a bag I went into his room and leant against the door with Damon who looked at me like I was going to kill him, I wasn't but it was nice to know he was afraid of me "'Dear diary, a chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me forever'" I said stepping into Stefan's room, my comment made Damon chuckle and throw his arm around my shoulder, guess him being afraid of me didn't last, I'll try harder next time.

"What do you two want?" Stefan asked as he closed his diary and put it on his shelf with the others he'd written in over the years, he carted them everywhere with him, no matter where he went.

"I was hoping we could hang," Damon told him "You know a little brother bonding. I mean, I know we don't actually "hang out." We team up. We join forces, activate our wonder twin powers" Damon looked at me and raised his eyebrow, "I don't know why she's here?" both of my brothers looked at me than at the bag I was holding.

"Oh I'm just here to pick some stuff up, maybe ruin your lives a little bit, destroy your worlds" Damon's eyes widened but Stefan didn't react which meant he was more on edge than he let on "don't worry brothers, I was joking" I went to walk out the bedroom door but stopped and smirked at them over my shoulder "or was I?" I winked "send Elena my regards would you, I did so enjoy our chat yesterday" I then sped to the Grill before Rebekah came looking for me.

~~~~ The Grill ~~~~

"Ahhh, seems like only yesterday that I was here threatening the Doppelganger bitch" I sighed as Bekah and I sat at one of the four-seater tables, I gestured to Matt for him to take my order and he made his way over with a smile "Hey handsome man, can I get a bourbon, neat?" I winked at him and he laughed.

"Sure thing, alcoholic" he patted my shoulder and took Bekah's order for a cup of tea and left.

"Alcoholic?" I asked Bekah who shrugged at me and pointed to her watch that told me it was 11:30 in the morning, "What it's happy hour somewhere in the world" I smirked at her as she rolled her eyes and waved at Carol Lockwood who just came into the bar.

"Thank you for meeting with us, mayor," Rebekah said as the Mayor sat at our table and Matt brought over our drinks "We figured as head of the preservation society, you'd be a good person to ask about the oldest trees in this community" Bekah fake smiled at the mayor who just smiled back, I don't think she knew Beks was up to something mean.

"A long line of Lockwood women used to keep those records back before any of them had actual jobs" I laughed and Carol looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Thank god times have changed, I better now that I can get a job or a say in what happens" she smiled at me and nodded in understanding, I lived through that time, she clearly didn't.

"You've never had a job in your existence," Rebekah said rolling her eyes at me, it was true, why would I need a job when all I had to do was compel myself things, it was so much easier.

"Yes well, its nice knowing I have options if I need them" I winked at her knowing she also never had or needed a job, she was the one who taught me how to get the things wanted with a simple sentence.

"I've been to the founder's archive," Rebekah said to the mayor, getting back on track "but I can't seem to find any record of the tree I'm looking for" 

"It was probably cut down. Big old trees built half this town in the 1900s" I told her making Carol smile at me, that's right mayor I knew things that happened in this town, I did keep tabs on it over the years, I saw my brothers enter and Damon looked over at us.

"Ho. She-devils, 9 o'clock" Damon said to Stefan who also glanced at us, I glared back at Damon while he looked past me and made flirty eyes at Rebekah, don't do it Beks, it's what he wants.

"Do you happen to know who kept the milling ledgers during that period?" Rebekah asked the mayor, her momentary loss of concentration forgotten, clearly, the sex hadn't been that good because usually, she'd go gaga over every person she sleeps with, take Stefan for example.

"Back then, all the logging mills were owned by the Salvatore's," Carol looked over at Stefan and Damon who were at the bar ordering drinks then at me, I just smirked at Bekah and downed my drink, I wouldn't even know where the ledgers were let alone what they looked like, Damon on the other hand, was here over the years and I'm sure he would know.

_______________________________________________

Hey, guys, how was your New Years?

Did you have fun? I know I did, played video games all night with a friend and drank, what did you get up to?

I hope you all enjoy this update, next one will be next Monday which is actually a day before my birthday..... 

WHAT!?!? that's right, I'm getting older and crankier, may need a walking frame by the end of this book 😂

Stay Sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎