Chapter 36

I watched as Rebekah walked over to my brothers, I walked out of the Grill and called Klaus, who answered in a second flat "Hello, love, miss me already?" he purred making me laugh lightly, he was snooping for things around town, looking for his brother.

"No, but I thought before I went on a killing spree I would call you" I grinned as I leant against the wall of the Grill.

"Oh come on, you know you do miss me" I heard him take a drink "so how goes the White Oak search?" I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"We're at a dead end but Rebekah's sweet talking my brothers to get the information that we need" I looked down at my nails "they seem to be afraid of me" I heard him laugh.

"Well good, you are an Orginal after all" his phone dinged and he sighed deeper "Love, I must go, but when you get home I'll make you forget your stupid brothers" I grinned at his promise.

"Okay, I love you"

"I love you too, darling" we hung up and I made my way back to the bar, where Rebekah was failing.

"So Zachariah Salvatore was your nephew?" she asked my brother but before Damon could speak I grabbed his glass and down its contents.

"Well, our father knocked up one of the maids during the civil war," I rolled my eyes as Damon snatched my glass off of me and refilled it "She had a son. But as far as everyone else knew, Stefan and Damon were dead, I was a woman, so the family name had to go somewhere" I shrugged and grabbed his now refilled glass and chugged it again, he just sighed this time and grabbed another glass, making me bend down and kiss him on the cheek. I didn't want to be angry at my brothers, and if me playing the role of forgiving sister worked to get the information we needed then I would play it till their little hearts are content, I pulled away from Damon only to have him pull me back into a hug.

"I've missed you sister" he mumbled against my hair, if his little group of friends and girlfriend weren't trying to kill me and my family I would've cried but I just leant into him and sighed in content.

"And, uh, your family owned the logging mills back then," Rebekah asked, breaking the moment I was having with Damon.

"You're full of a lot of questions," Damon said both he and Stefan looked at Rebekah with unsure eyes, I was in the clear because I knew my family history pretty well, but Rebekah only wanted to get it out of my brothers.

"I'm just researching the town history. I grew up here, after all" she smiled at them but it didn't make them relax one bit.

"You know, you don't have to disguise your true motives. bonny Beks" Damon said taking a drink "If you want more sex, just ask for it" Damon winked at her and Stefan and I fake gagged.

"Not enough liquor in the world" Rebekah retorted back snatching the bottle she poured out some into her cup.

"Oh, come on. It was too good for you to be this hostile" Damon winked again, making Stefan get up, grab the bottle and made his way to my other side so he wasn't in between the two love birds, he poured himself a drink before filling my cup as well.

"You'll have to excuse my little brother," I told Rebekah who watched Stefan closely, "He's jonesing for some o-positive" I looked at Stefan and grinned as he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not jonesing" he chuckled and leant over the bar slightly and looked at Bekah.

"So they never catch the killer?" Rebekah asked scooting over to the seat that Stefan just vacated so that she was next to Damon, made flirting easier I suppose.

"Nope. Wrote it all off on vampires" Damon said taking a sip of his drink, while Stefan and I both argued with our eyes on who grabbed the bottle first.

"Maybe it was a vampire" Rebekah suggested making Stefan and I stop what we were doing.

"Yeah. Yeah, maybe it was a vampire, Damon" Stefan turned and leant closer to our brother, with an accusing look on his face.

"Don't think for a second you didn't cross my mind, too, brother" Damon replied the looked on his face told me that he thought it was Stefan who was the killer "But these murders weren't your style, were they? Plus there were no other vampires circulating then" I felt both my brother's eyes go to my face as I just smirked.

"I was in New Orleans having great sex with Klaus that you very much," I said with a chuckle, both my brothers had a really similar disgusted look on their faces which caused Rebekah to laugh with me.

"Well, there was one other vampire. Remember Sage?" Stefan said turning the conversation to a more comfortable conversation, the name Sage made me think of a Vampire I met in the 70's, red hair, trashy as can be.

"Oh, right. Sage. Speaking of great sex" he winked at me and it was my turn to pull a disgusted face as he took a swig out of the bottle we were all sharing.

"I knew Sage once. Trashy little thing" Rebekah remarked making me look at her, Sage wasn't a particularly common name these days, even back then it wasn't so maybe, we were all thinking about the same Vampire, if I saw her ever again her head would be removed from her shoulders considering she ruined one of the best outfits Seattle had ever seen, Damon looked at Stefan.

"You really think it was Sage who was killing all those founders back then?" Damon asked Stefan who shrugged.

"Town questioned every grown man in Mystic Falls. Probably never occurred to them that a woman could have done it" Stefan replied as I drained the last of the whisky from the bottle.

"So, uh, tell me more about your old relatives. I heard they tore down half the woods to make this town" Rebekah said pushing for more information, she was getting a little tipsy considering she drain almost half the bottle.

"Easy there, lushy-pants" Damon said grabbing the new bottle of whisky that the bartender put down in front of us "It's been a hoot and a half, but it's Salvatore Sibling night, and you weren't invited" he stood up and grabbed my hand while Stefan grabbed three glasses, clearly sibling bonding included me now, I looked back at Rebekah and smirked so she knew I was going to get it out of them myself.

___________________________________________________

Hey, guys, new update, god I am getting old, I feel like I can't write any more today *cries internally* 

Time to plan some stuff for my birthday.... aka the day I spend by myself watching videos and drinking booze.... yep heaven.

Stay Sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎