Chapter 52

I glared up at evil Ric and watched as he dipped a rag into vervain mixed water if I had use of my hands I would've snapped his neck but alas he'd staked my hands to the table with pencils "Alaric when I get out of this, and I will, I am going to murder you so brutally you won't have time to heal" I sneered at him, my threat, no my promise, made him laugh.

"Oh Alexandra, I can say the same to you" he smirked and wrapped the rag around my face, my skin sizzle and I sucked in a breath, I refused to let him see me in pain, to let him hear me scream for mercy like Caroline was doing, when she woke up she begged him to let her go, those pleas fell on deaf ears.

~~ 20 minutes later ~~

"Why are you doing this?" Elena asked after Alaric pushed her into a chair next to Caroline, I didn't miss the worried glance she sent my way when she saw that I was being held here too.

"Because you need me. Because you're an 18-year-old girl without parents or guidance or any sense of right and wrong anymore" Alaric replied making me sigh and tilt my head back slightly, Alaric was a boring torturer, it was the same stuff over and over again, if he hadn't threatened to stab me with the white oak stake I would've laughed in his face.

"Look at you. How is this right?" she gestured to Caroline and me, Ric turned his back in me to meet Elena's gaze, so I took that opportunity to try to get the pencil's he'd shoved into the backs of my hands out.

"She's a murderer," Ric said pointing at Caroline "She told me she killed someone and liked it," he sneered in my direction when he saw that the pencils were almost out of my hands "And her?" he laughed humorlessly "She's killed hundreds of girls that look like you because of her hatred for Katherine," when Elena looked at me with wide eyes I shrugged "she didn't tell you that did she? Well, Damon told me, he told me her killings rival Stefan's" he slammed the pencils deep into my skin again making me cry out into the gag "Now, how is that right? Listen, Elena, your parents led the council. It was their lives' mission to keep this town safe. They weren't dead 6 months before you undid it all"

"You don't know anything about them," Elena said quietly, she didn't want to make him angrier than he already was, little did she know he was mad as a hatter on crack with a temper that reminded me of a certain Hybrid, who'd better be on his way here to save me.

"Why am I wrong?" Ric asked and when Elena didn't answer he continued "Do you actually think that they'd be proud of you?" he knelt down next to Elena "If you don't side with the humans, you're just as bad as them" he handed her the stake and pointed to me "Now kill her or I'll do it for you and I'll make it hurt. Get up!" he forced Elena out of the chair and practically threw her at me, I sent her a subtle nod and she turned to try to stake Ric but he was faster, "I thought I taught you better than that," he said squeezing the wrist that held the stake near his chest.

"You did" she grabbed the beaker full of Vervain water and smashed it onto Ric's face, she quickly freed me and Caroline while Ric withered on the floor screaming in pain "Get help!" she yelled as I grabbed Caroline and made a beeline out of the classroom, not looking back at the Doppelganger.

I felt a hand go around my mouth and I let Caroline go and twisted around so that I was out fo the person's hold, before I knew it my back was once again pressed against someone front and Klaus' voice sounded in my ear "Shhh. It's okay. It's okay. It's me. It's okay. You're safe" he pulled away from my back and drew me into a heated kiss "your brothers and I will save Elena," he said when he pulled away "You go take Caroline straight home, you stay inside with her until I come get you. Do you understand?" when all I did was stare at him he gripped my chin and kissed me again "Do you understand me?" I nodded and kissed him.

"Thank you" I whispered as I grabbed Caroline by the hand and dragged her out of the school, leaving my husband to fend for himself.

~~ Mikaelson House ~~

"NO!" I screamed and pushed my brothers out of the way as Klaus dropped to his knees and became desiccated in front of my eyes "Nik" I sobbed touching his face gently I watched the light in his eyes fade but not die out "What did you do?!" I shouted as I grabbed Stefan by the throat, I felt Damon grab me and pull my hands away from Stefan.

"It needed to be done Alexandra" Damon said into my ear as Tyler laughed, I stomped on Damon's foot hard and grabbed Tyler while I shoved my hand into his chest, ready to rip his heart out, but I was in Damon's hands again, he turned me into his chest while I sobbed and held me tightly "get him in the car" Damon muttered as I felt another body wrap their arms around me, I knew then that it was Stefan but all I could see was Klaus being picked up and moved, wherever Klaus was going I was following.

____________________________________________________

Hey guys, it's coming to a close soon.... I gotta say wow, I mean almost 300k on the first book and almost 100k on this one, I cannot thank you all enough for giving me support.
Now there's only two chapter's left and an Epilogue... I believe.... I haven't written the last two chapters but I have written the Epilogue :D

Stay Sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎