Chapter 54 (Final Chapter)

Hey, guys, I'm skipping some stuff so this book will actually end. So I've done Klaus' death scene, the song to the side makes me think of Alex and Klaus, you guys probably won't listen to it but it's awesome and suits them quite well.

The epilogue will be put up on tomorrow because it's the end of this book!! Are you guys excited for book 3?!? Dalliance?? I know I am!

_________________________________________

I watched in horror as Ric stabbed Klaus' chest with the White Oak stake and chased after Rebekah, screaming out I tried to tear the stake from his chest but I was too late the stake was set on fire and it consumed Klaus' body entirely, his wide eyes staring unseeing at me.

"Nik" I cried as the flames died down leaving only his charred remains "No, no you cannot be dead, you promised me forever" I felt arms wrap around me and knew it was Damon he pulled me away from Klaus and held me tightly "he promised me forever" I cried out into Damon's chest.

"I know Allie I know" he ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my forehead "I'm here sweetheart I'm always here" he pulled me closer and rocked me back and forth, our fate was in the air now, we had no time to get back to Mystic Falls to say goodbye. So we sat wrapped in each other's arms in a storage facility in the middle of nowhere.

"We're going to die Dam Dam" I sobbed not caring what he thought of me, I'd just lost the love of my undead life.

"No, we don't know that" Damon tried to sooth me but I shook my head.

"When Elijah turned me into an Original he used Klaus' blood in the spell... Klaus' blood sired me which means I'm going to die" I grabbed his shoulders and held on with all I had "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry"

He pulled me closer and kissed my head again "it's okay Allie, I forgave you a long time ago" he pulled out his phone and dialled Stefan's number while he still held me.

Stefan answered immediately "Damon?" he questioned as I sniffled and moved closer to Damon's body heat, I stared at Klaus' coffin.

"Bad news, brother. Alaric staked Klaus. He's dead" Damon said moving me closer to his body heat some more, as we heard Stefan stop moving and breath deeply.

"How's Allie?" Stefan asked quietly as if he was afraid that I'd gotten staked as well.

"She's fine, just shaken up a little bit," Damon said kissing my head once more, this was the most brotherly thing he'd done since we were human, he hated being seen as soft especially towards me.

"I feel OK. Do you guys feel anything?" Stefan asked I could almost hear the frown in his voice.

I shook my head and Damon answered him "No, so far we're fine"

"It took Sage about an hour before she got sick" Stefan informed us, I knew Sage had died after Finn had and from what I'd been told by other vampires so had every other Vampire she'd turned in the existence which meant our bloodline would be wiped off the face of the earth.

"Yeah or Klaus was lying about being the sire of our bloodline," Damon said which made me shake my head and Damon looked at me, "Allie said Klaus' blood was used to bring her back so even if we survive she probably won't" 

Stefan sighed deeply "An hour's not enough time to get you guys all the way back to Mystic Falls" he mumbled.

"What, so the three of us can have an epic goodbye, Stefan?" Damon said back he didn't have to stick around, here if he hurried he could make is back to Mystic Falls to our brother.

"Not just us, brother. You and Elena" Stefan said matter of factly, I made a noise in the back of my throat and Damon looked at me with concern.

"Well, I guess you'll just have to say goodbye for both us, won't you?" Damon said through his teeth.

"Allie, I love you," Stefan said quietly as our older brother seethed slightly.

"I love you too Stef" I muttered back as Damon tucked me onto his lap and I snuggled closer to his neck

"Call me if you cough up a lung," Damon said hanging up on Stefan he leant back and stared at Klaus' coffin "I love you too, you know?" he mumbled without looking at me.

"Yeah I know," I said back, neither of us said a thing for a few minutes "I see you're still pissed. I take it Goldilocks gave you the slip?" I asked Alaric as I got off of Damon and stared at the hunter that used to be a friend "so you going to kill me Ric or are you just going to pout at me for the rest of my time here on Earth?" without hesitation Alaric rushed over and tried to punch me in the face but I was slightly faster, ducking out of the way I punched Ric in the stomach and pushed him to the ground next to Damon who was now standing.

Alaric swung his feet under Damon's and forced Damon to the floor by breaking his legs, he got to his feet and punched me in the face forcing me to the floor, he continued to hit me but stopped when he realised I wasn't fighting his blows "You're not going to fight back?" he looked at me confused and I shrugged my uninjured shoulder.

"You killed the love of my life and my sire, I'm going to die anyway in some horrible way that's going to be drawn out, might as well use you to get it over with"

"You're also kind of invincible, Ric" Damon commented with a groan as his legs healed.

"Don't call me that. We're not friends" Ric said through gritted teeth, he was getting more pissed.

"We were," I said with a cough, I tasted blood in my mouth and I stared at the hunter who was looking at my brother and I like we'd lost our goddamn minds.

"Well, our friendship was part of the problem. It's what kept me weak. That's why it took so long for the real me to break through. And now I'm going to break you" he grabbed the white oak stake and was about to drive the stake through my heart but Damon caught his arm and forced it back by punching Ric in the face.

I stumbled to my feet to help Damon fight off Ric but stopped when I saw that Ric was getting weak "What's happening?" Ric spluttered and gasped as he fell to his knees.

 "No!" I shouted as I stopped Damon from moving, I watched Ric cough again but harder this time.

"What's happening?!" Ric asked again but this time he was more bewildered than before.

"What?" Damon asked again but this time Ric screamed and clutched his chest as if he was in immense pain.

"No! No!" I shouted as I grabbed Ric and cradled his head before he could fall to the ground "No, no, no, no!" I touched Ric's face as he began to desiccate.

"Ric!" Damon shouted as I placed Ric's dead body on the ground and held Damon's shaking body Alaric was dead, Damon understood what it meant "You're not dead. You're not dead!" Damon cried as I held him, my heart began to clench as I watched my brother break down over his best friend.

"Damon it's time" I mumbled, touching my brothers face I kissed him on the cheek and wiped his tears from his eyes "you need to go, you don't need to see me die too" his arms wrapped around my waist "I love you Dam Dam" I stayed where I was as Damon stood up slowly.

"I'll be back for you, I promise" he whispered into my ear as he pulled me to my feet "I love you, Allie, forever" I felt his hands go to my neck and he wrenched it to the side, breaking my neck instantly.

________________________________________________

And that's the end, the Epilogue will be up tomorrow normal time, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and this book and I'll see you soon for Dalliance!!

Stay Sweet 🍭

~~ Katt xx ❤︎