Chapter 25

"So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?" Elijah said as the women cleaned up the table after we'd finished dinner, in the corner of my eye I saw that Damon was on his phone, making me sigh, some people just didn't understand the proper etiquette of dinner parties.

"That's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back, in exchange, he and the Original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever" Damon said absently twirling his wine glass between his finger "Me, Stefan, Alex and Elena live happily ever after. No grudges" he smiled and I cleared my throat.

"By extension, I am part of the Original family, I am an Original after all and I am married to Klaus" I gestured to my beaming husband who was enjoying every moment of me pointing this out.

"Alex is my sister as much as she is yours, she is our family, where we go she goes" Elijah said as I took a sip of my wine and smiled appreciatively at him in return for his words, it was always nice to hear that I was wanted "other than that the deal sounds fair, brother"

"I don't think you understand, Elena's doppelgänger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind" Klaus got up with his glass of blood and started to pace making me want to stand and smooth his frown lines down "Let's say I do leave her here, under your protection, what then?"

"How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse, how long before she dies caught between your feuding?" I said making Klaus stop and kiss my hair gently, the last thing I wanted was Elena trailing after us for the next several decades, I thought Stefan was bad during the summer what would she be like stuck with Klaus.

"You see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her, and that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen, the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is... the two of you" Klaus said making Damon stand up and place his glass down on the table and shot me a look that rivalled a scolded child

"I'm gonna get some air," Damon said standing up and walking out of the dining room, I stood up as well but Elijah stopped me.

"Let me deal with this" he said getting up as well and following Damon out of the house, while I was stuck with Stefan and Klaus who was staring at eachother as if daring one an other to make a move, this was going to be a long evening.

~~ Damon's POV ~~

As soon as Elijah and I stepped outside I asked the question I'd been dying to know the answer to since I found out she was still alive "how is she alive?" I asked, turning to Elijah who tucked his hands into his pockets on his suit pants.

"I knew she would help keep Niklaus in line, I petitioned several powerful witches who helped Alexandra and I back in the 90's, they helped us escape Mikael, and they used their magic to restore her to life," he said making me raise an eyebrow.

"How?" I asked I wasn't taking that answer, it was crap and didn't explain it at all.

"They used black magic and the spell my mother used to make my siblings and I Vampires," he shrugged which was a very Alex thing to do.

"Why is she different, she's more brutal that she was before," I said crossing my arms, I could here Alex sigh from inside the house but ignored what else was going on.

"You did not see her when she was first turned, she was murderous and without mercy, all she thought was getting revenge on what Katerina did to you and your brother" he shuffled his feet slightly "for the first decade of her life she killed serval hundred girls who resembled Katerina, after she married Niklaus she settled down, stopped killing when she didn't have to and she became almost tame when it came to the thought of Katerina"

"That's why she's gentle with Elena," I said quietly, the image of my sister had changed she wasn't the shy girl who had protected Stefan and I from our father's wrath she was a lot stronger than that.

"Your sister always wanted kids, when she married Niklaus she realised that would never happen, so she channelled that into helping human children, I believe that when she looks at Elena she sees the child she could've had with Niklaus if they were both human" he sighed deeply "it was the same when Marcel was alive" my forehead puckered, who the hell was Marcel, my look must've told Elijah that I was confused "he was a slave boy Klaus saved in 1835, when Alex was found Marcel was little more than a child in Vampire form"

"We should get inside, Klaus might kill Stefan," I said as we both walked into the house to deal with the Hybrid and my sister, this was going to be a long night.

____________________________

Hey, guys, new update just for you, I just realised that I was updating at te wrong time as the clocks changed here so instead of 7 am (American time) is was 6 am, which is about 8:30 pm here in Adelaide..... So luckily I fixed it and you'll be getting your updates on the right time.

Stay Sweet 🍬

~~ Katt xx ❤︎